SSBB Design Contest 2: Zelda Stages

Darn you Vince and your amazing skills...how do you make it looks so clean and good? That's incredible..

naisatoh said:
Alright folks.. I had the afternoon free, so I decided to spend a little extra time on my design. I hope you like it!

Spectacle Rock

This design is based on the SNES game A Link to the Past with a few minor updates. In this game, you had to go back and forth between the Light World and Ganon's Dark World in order to make your way through different dungeons. Although the maps were the same in each world, sometimes there would be paths you could only access in one world or another:

link.jpg

This stage takes place on Death Mountain at a well known landmark called Spectacle Rock, which usually consists of two large rock formations standing side by side.

Spectaclecopy.jpg

In the Light World, we see Spectacle Rock with a bridge adjoining the two structures. Every minute or so, you'll here a rumbling noise and a Goron will roll across the stage knocking aside anyone that's in its way. Sometimes he'll drop objects as he passes over the bridge (Hot Spring Water anyone?). You might be wondering what Gorons are doing here, since they didn't exist on the SNES. Well, since Gorons weren't actually created until the N64, it still would have made sense that they lived on Death Mountain like they have in other versions of the game.

Every 5 minutes or so, the screen will begin to blur as the characters are sent to the Dark World.

Spectaclecopy2.jpg

Here, you'll notice that the bridge has been destroyed, so watch out if you're fighting on the bridge and screen begins to change! You'll also notice that instead of Gorons interrupting the brawl, molten rocks have begun to fall all over the place. These rocks are seen in many versions of Zelda, including the SNES one. Again, you'll here a rumbling noise before the rocks begin to fall.

When I have more time, I'll try to create a better background.. maybe a view that overlooks Hyrule in the Light World, and an erupting volcano in the Dark World.

Enjoy!

Where did you made those?? They're actually.. damm :yikes:

I don't understand how he did it...they're too amazing...honestly.

GJ Vince...

demonflair said:
Where did you made those?? They're actually.. damm :yikes:

LoL.. They're actually damm, eh?

They were both made on photoshop. It took me about 2 hours to get it all together. I'm sure someone with more experience could do it much faster..

elmo_999 said:
Hey naisatoh! You cant enter your own contest!!!!

Of course I can.. I entered the first contest too! However, if I win the whole series, the prize will go to second place. I also figure that by joining, it'll attract others to participate as well.

naisatoh said:
LoL.. They're actually damm, eh?

They were both made on photoshop. It took me about 2 hours to get it all together. I'm sure someone with more experience could do it much faster..

2 hours?? Jeez... but it's one damm ( amazing ) piece of art work. GJ :]

You're asking more of him than this?

ZeldaStagePaint.jpg

He's good, but he's not a miracle worker.

ssbb_lover said:
You're asking more of him than this?

I did not copied that "thing" because I am ashamed of it

He's good, but he's not a miracle worker.

STFU!!! :scared:

Paint not = PS CS2

So I might do a better "thing" :sick:

Back