SSBB Design Contest 2: Zelda Stages

demonflair said:
You mean with the theme being Zelda Stages??

And don't double post, edit your post instead.
I was thinking in terms of dimensions...

gibbonman said:
there is no other way to enter it?

alright dude even though it's mentioned in other places on the site

i'll give you a quick easy tutorial

go to www.imageshack.us

once there create an account

you'll probably have to verify your password via email yapp yapp yapp

once youc reate an account upload a picture

right click your new picture for properties

copy url

and paste the image in between this

"Inside the Temple of Time!"
ze.png

Uhhmmmm.... This is the interior of the temple of time. It has no master sword, but young Link will come back from the future to spin attack all of the players and then go "Back to the Future"! This will happen occasionally.

Origin of design: Laziness so I did an all gray pic. The Temple of Time is cool anyways so all is balanced out.

Monsteroids said:
"Inside the Temple of Time!"

Uhhmmmm.... This is the interior of the temple of time. It has no master sword, but young Link will come back from the future to spin attack all of the players and then go "Back to the Future"! This will happen occasionally.

Origin of design: Laziness so I did an all gray pic. The Temple of Time is cool anyways so all is balanced out.

Uhm... Kay? Well, IMO There's Not Really Much To Move Around It... That was Gonna Be My Entry But Went With Ordon Village...

I Like naisatoh's One Though... It PWNs Mine... :lol:

i like naisatoh's, but it seems too much like bridge of eldin, something running across the screen hitting ppl and dropping things (king bulbin dropping bombs) and the bridge dissapearing and reappearing

bobcharabini said:
i like naisatoh's, but it seems too much like bridge of eldin, something running across the screen hitting ppl and dropping things (king bulbin dropping bombs) and the bridge dissapearing and reappearing
^^ could have been where his inspiration came from.

ssbb_lover said:
^^ could have been where his inspiration came from.

I actually thought of this design before Eldin Bridge was announced on the Dojo. I realize my design is similar, but I wanted to create something that incorporated the use of the magic mirror from A Link to the Past. At the same time, Gorons have been very under-represented in the Smash series. Therefore, I figured this was the best way to combine the two ideas.

naisatoh said:
Alright folks.. I had the afternoon free, so I decided to spend a little extra time on my design. I hope you like it!

Spectacle Rock

This design is based on the SNES game A Link to the Past with a few minor updates. In this game, you had to go back and forth between the Light World and Ganon's Dark World in order to make your way through different dungeons. Although the maps were the same in each world, sometimes there would be paths you could only access in one world or another:

link.jpg

This stage takes place on Death Mountain at a well known landmark called Spectacle Rock, which usually consists of two large rock formations standing side by side.

Spectaclecopy.jpg

In the Light World, we see Spectacle Rock with a bridge adjoining the two structures. Every minute or so, you'll here a rumbling noise and a Goron will roll across the stage knocking aside anyone that's in its way. Sometimes he'll drop objects as he passes over the bridge (Hot Spring Water anyone?). You might be wondering what Gorons are doing here, since they didn't exist on the SNES. Well, since Gorons weren't actually created until the N64, it still would have made sense that they lived on Death Mountain like they have in other versions of the game.

Every 5 minutes or so, the screen will begin to blur as the characters are sent to the Dark World.

Spectaclecopy2.jpg

Here, you'll notice that the bridge has been destroyed, so watch out if you're fighting on the bridge and screen begins to change! You'll also notice that instead of Gorons interrupting the brawl, molten rocks have begun to fall all over the place. These rocks are seen in many versions of Zelda, including the SNES one. Again, you'll here a rumbling noise before the rocks begin to fall.

When I have more time, I'll try to create a better background.. maybe a view that overlooks Hyrule in the Light World, and an erupting volcano in the Dark World.

Enjoy!
I hope you feel happy. You're the first person on this site that actually made me to stop making my entry while I was working on it. Looking for some examples, and I found yours, and quit. I'm gonna try again, so I can try for second place. But that's amazing. Gjx100 dude.

You should give up mister! I admit it though, his entry made be re-evaluate my soon to be entry a bit. But you can only get better ^_- Don't give up!! I'm looking forward to seeing some interesting entries! BTW I think naisatoh's entry is simply awesome! Though it's simple and clean, that's why it can be pulled of very well.

Back