2. Axtlar - 5 points
3. DeathChron - 4 points
3. ssbb_lover - 4 points
5. +Maniacal=Maniac+ - 3 points
5. KCBlack - 3 points
7. mushroomedmario - 2 points
8. Monsteroids - 1 point
8. JT. - 1 point

SSBB Design Contest 1: Mario Stages (Congratulations to Axtlar!)

SSBB Design Contest 2: Zelda Stages (Congratulations to DeathChron!)

SSBB Design Contest 3: Mini-Stages

All right everyone.. I've been a member here for a little while now, and I've seen a number of Smash Brawl threads that don't really go anywhere, and it gets pretty boring reading page after page of which characters we want added to the game, the number of stages we want to see in the finished product, or whether or not the game is going to go online. Now I've done a search and was surprised to find that with the number of threads started about this game, no one has thought to put together a design contest. It's easy enough to name off characters we'd like to see in the game, but how about a little bit of creativity??

So in order to get this message board moving along, I will be investing some of my own cash and time to putting together a contest involving our big anticipated game of 2007.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Design Contest
Rules:

Every few weeks or so (depending on how popular this is), I will come up with a design contest for anyone who wishes to participate. You will come up with a single idea that has never been used in the previous versions of Smash or has not been announced for the current game. You will convert your ideas to a sketch or drawing that will be submitted here.

After the deadline, users will vote on their 5 favorite designs in no particular order, and the top 10 designs that get the most votes after 3 days will go through another round of voting. This time users will identify their top 3 designs with different point values assigned to each place. The winners will be announced after another set deadline.

The top 5 finishers will receive points (1 - 5) and logged here. Points will be tallied up from each competition.

The user with the most points by the release of SSBB will get a FREE copy of the game*, courtesy of me (and any moderators who wish to chip in). If possible, I may award a prize for second place.. but that depends on my finances. Second prize will be announced by the end of the first competition.

The first competition will be announced tomorrow morning (United States Eastern Time), depending on the amount of interest I get. So let me know!

*It has come to my attention that many of you live overseas from the United States, and the prize system may not work. The best way I can resolve this currently is if the winner lives in the US, then I can certainly have it shipped. Otherwise, I'll be glad to have it mailed from the users nearest online merchant. Winner will be announced before game is released, so I will try to get it out to you as close to the release date as possible.

** Final Edit (hopefully): Plan for the final contest to end 1 month before the game's release date. The winner will be announced and I will preorder the game from the member's online merchant of choice, and it will be shipped when the game it released. Member will receive the receipt via email. Also, as the contests get underway, prizes will be offered for individual contests.

NOTICE (8/10/2007): The SSBB Design Contest will be indefinitely suspended due to lack of participation. I apologize to those of you who are still actively participating, but I simply do not have the time nor the willingness to continue a contest that only gets less than 5 entries per contest. I believed this had a lot of potential and it disappoints me to see such a low level of interest. Also, with the lack of contests put out by the moderators, I thought that maybe they would take up a little interest in this one..

Last edited:
Wow, great idea. Im not sure if it will work and i won't be participating because i don't really do graphics. But i love the idea.

Do you do pad and pencil? It's always worth a shot.. and creativity beats skill anyday.

Sweet, free stuff. And I'm not a MOD so there's no risk of anyone asking me to actual be generous myself. It's win-win; for me at least...

so, you'll mail us our copy of the game or something?

this dont sound too legit.... :shifty:

Yeah, about the copy of the game. How's that gonna work? Since you're from America and half the members are from over seas.

Can you give us any proof that you're legit that we attempt to rip apart and make you look like a fraud?

I think even if people don't beleive they will get the game it's still a sweet idea for a contest. Plus the point system sounds really well done as well.

Hmm perhaps you're right.. I guess it could be a different prize, however I would love for the winner of the contest to receive a copy of the game.. Thoughts anyone? I suppose I could pay the winner the amount through PayPal, or order it from a website and have it sent first class.

Also, I understand that trust could be an issue, and while I certainly wouldn't want to get ripped apart (this is supposed to be more fun than "dangerous"), I will certainly do my best to make sure everything runs smoothly.

A little about me: I am a third year medical student, currently living in Ohio, with hopes of becoming a pediatric cardiologist. I purchased my Wii about a month ago, and am just as excited about Brawl as anyone else. A few of my websites are listed below:

http://naisatoh.deviantart.com
http://www.xanga.com/naisatoh
http://www.threadless.com/profile/254453/naisatoh

Anyway.. I'll be going to bed now (I need to be at the hospital tomorrow at 6am). If interest is good, contest will be announced before I leave for work.

Edits to the original post are written below:

*It has come to my attention that many of you live overseas from the United States, and the prize system may not work. The best way I can resolve this currently is if the winner lives in the US, then I can certainly have it shipped. Otherwise, I'll be glad to have it mailed from the users nearest online merchant. Winner will be announced before game is released, so I will try to get it out to you as close to the release date as possible.

** Addendum: From the replies, it seems that you guys are either doubting the possibility of a prize being sent to you or doubting my legitimacy as a person. I can see where you're coming from, and I would probably have similar doubts if I saw a similar thread. If there's anything I can do to help that, please let me know. The point of this is to have fun, and I apologize if you feel uneasy about this plan.

Last edited:
naisatoh said:
Hmm perhaps you're right.. I guess it could be a different prize, however I would love for the winner of the contest to receive a copy of the game.. Thoughts anyone? I suppose I could pay the winner the amount through PayPal, or order it from a website and have it sent first class.

Also, I understand that trust could be an issue, and while I certainly wouldn't want to get ripped apart (this is supposed to be more fun than "dangerous"), I will certainly do my best to make sure everything runs smoothly.

A little about me: I am a third year medical student, currently living in Ohio, with hopes of becoming a pediatric cardiologist. I purchased my Wii about a month ago, and am just as excited about Brawl as anyone else. A few of my websites are listed below:

http://naisatoh.deviantart.com
http://www.xanga.com/naisatoh
http://www.threadless.com/profile/254453/naisatoh

Anyway.. I'll be going to bed now (I need to be at the hospital tomorrow at 6am). If interest is good, contest will be announced before I leave for work.

Edits to the original post are written below:

** Addendum: From the replies, it seems that you guys are either doubting the possibility of a prize being sent to you or doubting my legitimacy as a person. I can see where you're coming from, and I would probably have similar doubts if I saw a similar thread. If there's anything I can do to help that, please let me know. The point of this is to have fun, and I apologize if you feel uneasy about this plan.
Lol, I was teasing on my part. I'm sorry if you thought I was being serious.

You seem well and good...i'll see what I can come up with. :] There's nothing it can hurt to try.

This is a very good idea. Even if it isn't legit, it'll still be fun to participate.. so have fun drawing, guys. ^^ I'm not going to participate as I haven't got much time on my hands...

I'm sorry to say but I've destroyed your little plan to ship the game over. Wii is region locked. ^^ So the only way you can do it for someone in a different country is to order it over the internet for them in their own location. If you do this, you're risking your own money and losing trust from everyone overseas from you (more than 50% of this board).

Are you still going to do it?

LuzTeTT said:
This is a very good idea. Even if it isn't legit, it'll still be fun to participate.. so have fun drawing, guys. ^^ I'm not going to participate as I haven't got much time on my hands...

I'm sorry to say but I've destroyed your little plan to ship the game over. Wii is region locked. ^^ So the only way you can do it for someone in a different country is to order it over the internet for them in their own location. If you do this, you're risking your own money and losing trust from everyone overseas from you (more than 50% of this board).

Are you still going to do it?

I would like to.. but like you said, it's more about having fun. Ordering from an online source seems like the best idea to me since it will be easier to send an online receipt and a proof of purchase to the user.

Edit:
I really thought people would really like this idea, but despite what seems like a lack interest, I have announced the first contest here.

I really hope people have fun with this.

Last edited:
Added to the original post:

*** Final Edit (hopefully): Plan for the final contest to end 1 month before the game's release date. The winner will be announced and I will preorder the game from the member's online merchant of choice, and it will be shipped when the game it released. Member will receive the receipt via email. Also, as the contests get underway, prizes will be offered for individual contests.

Voting for Contest 1 is under way. Click here to vote!

Contest 2 to be announced Friday, July 6.

Good luck!

Back