ssbb download on shop channel

wiilike

Banned
Aug 21, 2007
is this even possible? if so, when would it be? would it cost anything? would you be able to fight with newcomers?

below is a table of facts and opinions of mine. feel free to make your own too.

so, the chance of this happening. well let's start off at 50.
50%

metriod had a download and as the shop gets bigger, it's more likely to carry more downloads. now the percent gets boosted up.
58%

metriod was just videos, not demos.
42%

nintendo can use this to raise the brawl hype even more.
47%

a demo like this might need to cost a bit of shop points, therefore not alot of long-time players will bother downloading it
40%

since E for all is allowing people play the brawl demo, they can just easily trasnfer it to the shop channel
53%

this has not even been done before.
45%

final percentage: 45%

well in a way it's kinda like vc games except way better graphics and maybe too much memory

JAKE196 said:
we'd need a hard drive or direct memory usage from SD cards. . .
^^ exactly why demos are a near impossibility, unless released as discs to be put in "Nintendo Power" or what not.

Videos COULD happen, but I still doubt it. Especially considering that they have gameplay updates on the actual Smash Bros. Dojo site.

this time, this is a post i like that you made andrewguy. Hmmmm.... I think there may be a download. but it would be more likely to be like the MP3 download, just movies, and no play, and free. probably no demo becuase they havent done that before.

MySims said:
probably no demo becuase they havent done that before.
It's not the fact that it hasn't been done before, but rather because the puny hard drive on the Wii isn't large enough. That's why everyone says they wish for an external hardrive...

if there going to have a demo....wario might be playable.....if that happens....im going to be ahead of my training

I'm not sure where you got the random percentages from. But, I'd would say the percentage of actually getting a brawl demo are around 5-10%. We will probably get some sort of channel like Metroid did, along with the original Smash Bros. from the vc. Which wouldn't at all disappoint me....

But, far more important then a brawl demo, would be hard drive support. I would even buy one if nintendo forced us to buy one of theirs. I'd probably expect 8+ gigs on it too. Which would be excellent.

nic7 said:
I'm not sure where you got the random percentages from. But, I'd would say the percentage of actually getting a brawl demo are around 5-10%. We will probably get some sort of channel like Metroid did, along with the original Smash Bros. from the vc. Which wouldn't at all disappoint me....

But, far more important then a brawl demo, would be hard drive support. I would even buy one if nintendo forced us to buy one of theirs. I'd probably expect 8+ gigs on it too. Which would be excellent.
External hard drives FTW. Chances of it actually happening FTL.

ya its around 5% chance of getting a demo...

Think about it. If metroid Prime 3 didnt get a demo then why would Brawl?
Im almost positive that brawl will just get a video channel like Metriod did.

Yeah, I don't know what to expect anymore. I mean usually when a company refuses to deny rumors usually the rumor is true. That's why Sonic is in Brawl. That's why there will eventually be headset support. That's why I'm thinking we will eventually see a hard drive...

Well, I guess, if there isn't a hard drive, at the very least, they can fix this whole debacle with SD cards. If an SD card is entered, the VC games on it should go directly to the Wii Channel Interface without having to do anything but just stare at the screen after entering the card. You should be able to save right to the SD cards and you should be able to use them more for music and such.

laderer5 said:
Think about it. If metroid Prime 3 didnt get a demo then why would Brawl?
You're comparing Corruption with Brawl? Haha.
nic7 said:
Yeah, I don't know what to expect anymore. I mean usually when a company refuses to deny rumors usually the rumor is true. That's why Sonic is in Brawl. That's why there will eventually be headset support. That's why I'm thinking we will eventually see a hard drive...

Well, I guess, if there isn't a hard drive, at the very least, they can fix this whole debacle with SD cards. If an SD card is entered, the VC games on it should go directly to the Wii Channel Interface without having to do anything but just stare at the screen after entering the card. You should be able to save right to the SD cards and you should be able to use them more for music and such.
Agreed.

Back