ssbb gamestop midnight launch party and tourney. r u going

DrRockso

cant wait for brawl
Feb 22, 2008
Wii Online Code
5416-7783-0685-0756
i pre ordered it and im going to the midnight launch party at my gamestop and i might play in the tournament

how bout u

I'm definately going to the midnight release. Therefor, I am also gonna do the tourney. I'd LOVE to win, the Grand Prize is absolutely GINORMOUS!

Yeah, no offense but I think the chances of any of winning is slim, I don't think I'm going to do the tournament, it will be hard enough getting a ride a midnight to pick it up let alone drop me off around 10 and than pick me up a 12, and they're probably a lot of people I don't want to hang out that are going to be there.

Not gonna go to the Gamestop one, but there's a local videogame store here that's launching the game.

Have a Japanese Wii with J-Brawl, catering food in from a local restaurant, holding a local tournament (SSBM) at 9PM. Winner gets Brawl + either 2 Wiimotes or 25 dollar gift certificate.

Gonna be fun! I'll be showing up at 8 or so with a few friends and hanging.

Yeah I'm going to the midnight release, but not the tournament. Just collect my game, go home and just.....................sleep.

GigaRidley said:
I'm definately going to the midnight release. Therefor, I am also gonna do the tourney. I'd LOVE to win, the Grand Prize is absolutely GINORMOUS!

Ok 1. The tourney is going to be towards noon so unless you want to stay there for 12 hours eh, Thats what msot gaemstops said in my region. 2. the Grand prize (LCD TV, WII SYSTEM, NINTENDO GAME LIBARY, $5000) is at the end of round 4 so you will be playing the best across the USA so you probably well face ken and other pro smashers and ya dont think so, there are seperate small prizes for each round

I am going to try and when the first round tourney and maybe second round (If i can there local city) but then i have to go cross country so i would just drop out, hopefully i win, ANWAYS i am going to the midnight release too at 12 then going to sleep

Sounds like people misunderstood me.
I know all the rules for the tourney, I checked online. I never said I WOULD win, I just said I'd love to. The chances of me even getting up to the 3rd round are slim at best, impossible at worst. I think I might get to the second round though, the Gamestop I'm going to isn't very well known so I won't have much competition.
@Prince Link:1. The Gamestop near me said it would be around 11, guess it's different for each store.
2. I know man, that's why I said the GRAND prize was ginormous. I think the 1st round prize is a free copy of brawl (which means I save 50 bucks, so it's still great) but I have to check that.

Just clarifying, sorry if I didn't make myself clear the first time :)

If my Gamestop has a midnight release, I'll go to it. I still need to call them up. They are listed as having a tournament on the first day, but the store is in a mall...so I reckon it might not have the midnight release. Otherwise, I'll see if the Wal-Mart is going to have a midnight release.

Regardless, I WON'T be participating in the tourny. I'd lose during my first round. I've only played Melee and the 64 version a handful of times, after all.

My 4 Gamestops are having midnight launches but I won't be buying until I rent it first to see if I like it. I probably won't as I have never played a Smash Bros. Game before. The review from IGN made it sound that only the online is the good part I will hate it for the same reasons I did Mario strikers charged. If you suck at it you will always lose and where is the fun in that. That is why rental first then we shall see. Glad everyone else is excited.

Im going to the tourney about 90% sure. Im probably gonna win it since i;ve been practising at melee. (Lightening Melee so I can predict moves faster)
My store will be opening around 9:00-10:00. I'll probably be winning for sure but im not sure what charater to use... Im thinking Zelda/Sheik since im very pro with them in melee but then again...I've heard some extremly good comments on Ike being a noob killer:lol: his moves look sick but im considering him but im not sure since ive never used him before and am unsure of his moveset ect.
My store is giving out a Trophy as the prize for round 1. Plus round 2 is right next door to my house :lol:

Wow laderer, your quite confident. ^_^

I for one am not going. I don't care much for my GS, and I know I have only a small chance of winning, much less getting there in time to get on the list.

I will be getting it when I wake up in the morning, perfectly refreshed from a good nights sleep, giving me the energy to play it for a very long time....

I've been banking sleep for about 40 hours now by going to sleep at around 6:00 and then once i get Brawl i'll be able to play it for like 30 hours straight without getting tired.

laderer5 said:
I've been banking sleep for about 40 hours now by going to sleep at around 6:00 and then once i get Brawl i'll be able to play it for like 30 hours straight without getting tired.

Just wondering, how old are you?

Smash is a party game, NOT a competitive fighting game.

VidyaVince said:
Just wondering, how old are you?

Smash is a party game, NOT a competitive fighting game.

lol.....im joking. Plus Smash is a highly competitive game btw..

Back