SSBB graphics look...un-Wii-ish

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
I've spent a good deal of time both playing my Wii and studying the pictures and videos on the Smash Bros. website. It just seems to me that SSBB has graphics that are far more advanced that any previous Wii game, including MP3. Snake looks flawless, and the detail on Zelda and the wrinkles in Marios denim overalls...it just looks great.

Anyone else notice this? Or am I just blind?

I suggest you look at anything besides characters. The items and pokemon have taken a big hit at the expense of the characters, imo.

Looks like Sakurai fooled you.

dude what do items matter, like pokemon you see for two seconds and just like that thye're gone...

the characters and the stages are the main things.....

the stages look so kick-ass, like in the fire emblem stage, if you look at the trees in the background, they look so real, also everyone's hair looks realistic too(not so much mario's for some reason)

samus looks better in brawl than mp3
mario looks better in brawl than galaxy or any other mario game for that fact
and can you believe the graphics on kirby!?

i think looking at dk's level specifically, and little things like ike's hair, is where they put a lot of detail in....i could care less about the graphic's of the pokemon, unless they were n64 graphics

yeah i noticed the improved graphics also but i don't think they are amazing graphics... definately an improvement though... but if i cared about graphics i would have bought a PS3

LevesqueIsKing said:
I suggest you look at anything besides characters. The items and pokemon have taken a big hit at the expense of the characters, imo.

Looks like Sakurai fooled you.

agreed.

Haha.
They've gotten better with photoshop as time goes by.

Go look at the old screenshots and compare with the news ones. I call BS:wink:

Elfman said:
The graphics are better than Melee, but still this game could have same graphics and be released on gamecube.
Yea dude. Crysis could have same graphics and be realeased on gamecube.

But personally I prefer to play games, not slide shows.

SSBB>Gamecube
But while it's pushing more for sure, it's not as much as the recent shots show. They're fixing them up a bit. (not to mention the renders people claim as in-game too lol)

Last edited:
Elfman said:
The graphics are better than Melee, but still this game could have same graphics and be released on gamecube.
maybe, but the frame rate would probably drop dramatically.

IMO, the graphics have improved signifcantly. Everything has a soft touch to it, meaning everything looks polished and beautiful. Im looking forward to brawl:yesnod:

Well I have noticed that they are very good, quite nice looking and when I saw most of the characters I was blown away. Like Bowser, he looks awesome.

And when you look at Melee, man all the characters looked so weird, like Link etc. :lol:

there's only ONE game that Brawl looks like; Mario Kart Wii. other than htat, yer right, Brawl looks way better than any other wii game out there

Back