Ssbb meta knight

Uh... Good on 'em, I s'pose. Certainly no harm in trashing broken Meta so that a tourny's metagame isn't a cluster**** of the round sword weilding bastard. :lol:

Completely disagree.
Banning a character because he kicks your ass is not how things should work.

Its unbalanced Broadly speaking of Meta Knight's speed and aerial abilities, when properly put to use, can enable players to monopolize all air and ledge combat, which is a significant advantage in competitive Smash Bros play :yesnod:

In other words: If you're good with Meta Knight, you can kick ass. Same with every other character.

Except you can kick more ass against more characters while having no characters easily kick your ass, jeopardizing the balance of skill determining a match's end result, rather than the match-up.

We've debated the thesis of Meta's broken-ness before, if you've forgotten. I expect no more short and witty retorts and legitimate information to debate over if we're to do it again. :p

Hear about this on SRK. While i never cared much for MK, It seems like a decision that shouldve been made a while back. Brawl scene is fading nowadays (for now in the states). Most brawl players were like ......meh. But hey, better late than never. I dont use the guy so I could care less at the end of the day what they did with him. Wolf or Die

Last edited:
At least there will be debates about this after the new smash bros come out cant wait:wink:

^^^ If Meta is overpowered two games in a row, I'll find and Final Smash Sakurai myself. ¬_¬

Im sure hell make the cut for the next SB due to his fans.

Went allover trying to see footy showing how broken he is.Honestly I never thought he was broken but I guess the people who do the tier stuff know more than I do. I found some stuff saying he was but it just looked that the people he was fighting sucked. Even in tournament footage. Of course I also saw rants saying he wasnt. But it was the usual smash community banter back with forth with insults by kids. So im gonna leave it at that MK was broken and the Smash board did the right thing.

... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
What?
Hang on. What are you talking about?

Exactly.

Im sure hell make the cut for the next SB due to his fans.

Went allover trying to see footy showing how broken he is.Honestly I never thought he was broken but I guess the people who do the tier stuff know more than I do. I found some stuff saying he was but it just looked that the people he was fighting sucked. Even in tournament footage. Of course I also saw rants saying he wasnt. But it was the usual smash community banter back with forth with insults by kids. So im gonna leave it at that MK was broken and the Smash board did the right thing.

It certainly is difficult to 100% assuredly say whether or not Meta is broken, I will be honest. But, there's no doubt he's a plague to the metagame. Time to do what I do best; compare things entirely unrelated to pokemon. :D

In "srs 'mons", where people are playing all try-hard like people as Smash Bros. tournies do: they take the game to the next level, simply put. In srs 'mons, from here on which I'll refer to as "competitive pokemon", EVERY pokemon is divided into tiers depending on usage of the pokemon, which pretty much translates into how good a pokemon is. Pokemon used little move down in tiers, and pokemon used more move up.

Competitive pokemon battles use one tier at a time, and all pokemon in lower tiers if the players so desire to use 'em.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tier_list

In Brawl terms, it'd be like this: if you're having a middle tier Brawl (C & D), you won't be able to use Snake or Olimar to say the least. You'll see the better middle tier fighters like Wolf or Toon Link most often, but the lesser fighters will be allowed as well (Ganon, Lucas, etc.) if a player thinks they're just that good with 'em. Competitive pokemon is the same; the best pokemon in the tier will be the most commonly used, but some players are good enough to discover ground-breaking strategies for pokemon that are generally considered lesser.

The most commonly played tier in pokemon is the high tier known as "Overused pokemon", Brawls equivalent would essentially be tier A, and maybe B. There are plenty of absurdly strong pokemon that pretty much break usage stats if they were to be allowed in Overused battles, and would make the Overused tier worthless, since all the really good pokemon would never be played over the incredibly good pokemon, unless you're an idiot. Thus, these pokemon that "centralize" the tier, which means to kill the usage stats of every other pokemon in the tier, are banned from play. They still can be used in their own tier of course, which is Pokemon's equivalent to the "S" tier of Brawl. But battling with all pokemon allowed as such is still chaotic, and does have some moderate centralization.

We all know how many Meta Knights are found in tournyplay. Half the entrants, perhaps even more on average, are Meta. That would be considered a ludicrous amount of centralization and saturation in any pokemon tier metagame if ANY pokemon was as commonly played. Back to when I said pokemon's tiers are divided by usage stats, I stated that high usage directly hints to a pokemon being better. The same holds true in Brawl, really; better characters are used more often. Meta is used so often, it's obvious how much better he is than the entire Brawl cast.

Of course, usage stats only say how good something is in comparison to everything else. You can't really dissect whether or not something in a game is completely broken from usage stats. Hence why I said it's difficult to precisely pinpoint is Meta is utterly broken. Too good to allow him to run rampant on the tourny metagame? Absolutely. Too good to the point he's the greatest mistake of Brawl? Debatable.

Anyone who understood all that deserves a cookie. :D

Back