SSBB: # of players?

36-39

This is realistaclly speaking. It would be great if it were fifty, but we would be VERY lucky if this happened.

yeah but luigi is only a semi-clone and he's obviously gonna be in brawl

especially since mario has F.l.U.D.D. so luigi would probably have to pull out his vacume to also replace the tornado

bw! said:
i thought they said some of the clones will have different movesets

and we can't leave out luigi
All of the clones returning will be equipped with new, unique movesets.

I think they are taking out Dr. Mario, Luigi, Falco, Young Link, Pichu and either Marth/Roy (or both), Ness and G&W.

That may leave the game with at most 35-40 chars (some new ones we still dont know)

Then again, this is just my opinion =/ The game may have 50 characters and have all of the clones from SSBM + some new chars. (Srsly, that would be zomgwtfbbq cool)

Luigi won't be out.

Dr. Mario will most likely be an alt costume, falco maybe. Young link, probaly replaced by wolf link or ww link. Marth most likely will stay. Roy I don't care. Ness again maybe, Lucas may replace him. And g&w I hope is out.

SoUL said:
I think they are taking out Dr. Mario, Luigi, Falco, Young Link, Pichu and either Marth/Roy (or both), Ness and G&W.

That may leave the game with at most 35-40 chars (some new ones we still dont know)

Then again, this is just my opinion =/ The game may have 50 characters and have all of the clones from SSBM + some new chars. (Srsly, that would be zomgwtfbbq cool)

oh right i forgot about falco...but he too is less clonish than everyone else....

but why would they take out luigi or ness? they've been in both previous ssbs...

and naisotoh pretty much confirmed game and watch will be back in brawl,

why would they remove those characters though? name one reason....

Lmao, think logically, Soul.

Characters who have the biggest chance of leaving:
Pichu (replaced with other pokemon)
Y Link (Replaced with Wolf or Celda Link)
Doc (Alternative Costume)

Tweeners:
Roy

Characters who are staying:
Falco

Everyone is is staying. I dont even consider Luigi to be a clone, half of his moves are different.

You both, L2read :wink:
I said, ''This is all my opinion''
I have no proof as to why I think they are removing the characters, I'm just saying that because Ness has always been like the ''invisible character''. Almost no one uses him. (Almost no one, not NO ONE)

Oh, and again :lol: ''This is all my opinion''

^And I'm just saying that it would be more logical to change their moveset so they dont suck rather than scrapping them.

let's check the scale to see what fellows at wiichat think of how many characters there will be... oh it looks like 40-44 is estimated by 4 people, putting it in the lead. yes!!! this is what i agree with.

-they will bring back melee chars. you'll see, just different (22-25)
-the 7 newcomers also (7)
-about a quarter unlockables (8-11)

...and there you have it, over 40 characters (seems reasonable right?) i really don't think they will take out clones with ONLY one exception of young link, meh maybe not even him :smilewinkgrin: (i'm not joking:mad5: )

is there anyone here that thinks there's going to be over 70 chars?

Last edited by a moderator:
@andrewguy

70 are you kidding me? We may get that in the (hopefully) next smash. Not now. 40 is even pushing the wii's limit.

Back