(SSBB) PKMN Trainer Trio: Which is Top PKMN?

Mutt4Life

Mario Merk Squad
Feb 2, 2012
MMS HeadQuarters
Wii Online Code
2053-4984-0224-2269
Charizard vs. Squirtle vs. Ivysuar
As the title suggest, I want to hear everyone's opinion on the Best of 3: Charizard, Squirtle, or Ivysuar. Plz pick 1 then give a example of why; wether it be based off move sets, height, or just cuzz you think it's a Boss pokemon, I dont care, hust want to hear what the peeps have to say (and cuzz i havent started a thread in awhile ;3).

Moved to the Brawl forum... lol

I'm not very knowledgeable 'bout Red and his Pokes, TBH. Normally I'd have somethin' to say 'bout Brawl's metagame, but... Nothing. ;_; All my knowledge of the three is extremely outdated.

Though, if I had to guess, I'd say Charizard. All of their recoveries are quite gimpable, but at least Charizard's got multiple jumps, a glide, and Fly takes 'em further than Waterfall and... uh, Vine Whip, is it? Ivysaur and Squirtle both have trouble finishing their food when Charizard has very suitable KO power. The only exception is if the blue turtle does some WoP gimping, and Charizard has a meteor (D-air) for gimps regardless. I recall his F-air being pretty nasty for some off-stage fighting with it's horizontal knockback. Without proper DI, it is horizontal/slightly diagonal downwards, right?

Ivysaur might get my vote if he didn't have a bloody tether, and more reliable KO power. I know from experience that his approach game and B-air WoPing is damn nasty to deal with. Squirtle's lack of KO power is what puts me off. If it ain't fresh and hitting a foe at a ridiculously high %, it ain't a KO.

Then again, I like characters that aren't terribly safe for approaching like Charizard, so... bias, perhaps. :p

Squirtle has Shellshifting and Hydroplaning making him really quick. That and added to his small hurt boxes make him an illusive target. His arial game is also one to be feared.
I would say Squirtle is the best in the trio.
Squirtle-Squad-the-squirtle-squad-25279554-604-228.png

That height is only an advantage in certain matches. I don't think Snake's snaking legs will give a **** if you're five feet tall, or two.

That bloody dash mix-up game is... well, what IS so effective 'bout it anyways? It's only a mind**** if the opponent has no experience with it, and therefore screws up their spacing.

eh Snake does not care at all
Even if your a Meta Knight
You can also attack and grab with shellshifting making it similar yet less effective than melee's wavedash

So, it's not just a mindgame, but it's useful for approaches?

... But ain't the turtle's ground approach options terrible?

When aerial approaches get stale
a quick slide up a can catch an opponent off guard
or mind game into an aerial

I admit i do not play squirtle and so i don't know much about his potential or his possibilities as well as one who does.

That makes two of us. I don't recall Wiichat ever having a truly grandeur PT player, either...

Ima say Squirtle evrn though my fav pkmn is Ivy.
Squirtle has Shellshifting and Hydroplaning making him really quick. That and added to his small hurt boxes make him an illusive target. His arial game is also one to be feared.
I would say Squirtle is the best in the trio.
Height doesnt mean much, but squirtle is the smallest on brawl, only other comparison to pikachu, and his ariel is something to be wreckoned with, ever though his hits r low on dmg, he makes up for it with the never ending blow by blow and speed

I think in the next smash bros. if the have PT, they should make Squirtle do more percent to Charizard and less to Ivysaur and vise versa.

Might as well give 'em resistances or weakness to such moves. Blasters from the space animals could be considered Electric as well as a lot of Ganon's moves, there'l a lot of fire moves in Smash Bros. as is, etc. etc. That'd actually be pretty interesting and definitely make PT moar useful/mastering all of his Pokes almost mandatory in high level play.

... Hell, that's a brilliant idea. Switching Pokes to get resistances and lessen damage/knockback would make PT go up in tiers even if his Pokes weren't changed AT ALL.

falco isnt a pokemon lol

We wouldn't want a mechanic of Pokemon games to apply to EVERY character. That'd be tedious, annoying, and hard to remember all the **** that applies to who.

Back