SSBB - The effect of facing off with the computer

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
So, nintendo is finally about to get online. One of the hit games online will obviously be SSBB. My concern is: How long will it take to adapt to playing regular people again. Sure, Ive played a lot of people on my melee, but I can honestly say that Ive probably played the computer atleast 20 times for every one time Ive played a real person.

My point is that the computer does (and doesnt do) many things that human players do. The computer constantly shines, is always on a mission to get items right when they fall, is repetetive, doesnt use shffl or any other advanced moves, and most of all, does not use their opponent's weaknesses to its advantage. And I know all of you have charged up a smash while waiting for the computer to run right into it...

How long do you think it will take to adapt to constantly playing humans again? It will be a change for the better, thats for sure. It will be much less repetetive and will keep us coming back to the game twice as much as melee did. This will be the one thing that will make Brawl so popular, nothing else.

I think comps will be pretty much not used except in 1P mode now but I think their AI will be better now that Nintendo has really examined how they act and how people react

i used to think i was awesome @ that game, but i watched some SSBM vids and saw how good they were and cringed in horror:im just hoping there will be enough noobs to make me feel good about my own noobiness :lol:

Solard said:
i used to think i was awesome @ that game, but i watched some SSBM vids and saw how good they were and cringed in horror:im just hoping there will be enough noobs to make me feel good about my own noobiness :lol:

Yea, I thought about that too. That's when I realized we had the friend code system-- which is actually good! Now you can play friends that you know aren't as good as you. :D.

Friend codes are just to play specific people there is matchmaking

D00DZ.

Today I was playing melee and the computer used the CHEAPEST. MOVE. EVER.

I was playing against Dr. Mario, and he knocked me off the stage. I try getting back, and I do my Up-B thing, coming to the edge, confident I'll get right back up and whup his hiney...

And then...

The white cloth comes out.
Turns me around.
And I fall to my death.

You learn things from computers...
Oh you learn things....

By the way, I don't know how to do any advanced moves.
Can anyone point me into the direction of forum or something that lists these?

SHFFL?

Foreing to me!

Trulen: A SHFFL stands for 'Short Hop, Fast Fall, L-cancel

Imo its a fairly useless technique, but some people find uses for it. It is very difficult to pull off when your beginning. Check out this website, I find it very helpful: http://ssbm.detstar.com/advancedmoves2/

Ive pointed you in the direction of the exact page you need, but I would check out the rest of the site if I were you. Ask if you have any more questions.

I just hope there isnt a "best character" discovered and everyone plays as it.. Hopefully nintendo will tune in patches or work hard now to balance everyone out

Back