SSBB won't be out in Europe till after June 2008

laderer5

Wii > Xbox360 +PS3
Feb 20, 2007
Buffalo NY
Wii Online Code
6636-1630-0874-1365
Not sure if this is old news but, here it goes.:cornut:

Nintendo confirms to VideoGamer.com that the game won't hit our shores until after the end of Q2 2008.
Hotly anticipated Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't be coming out in Europe until after June 2008, Nintendo has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.

We thought something was up when we noticed the game was absent from Nintendo's updated schedule, distributed to media this morning. This seemed odd considering Mario Kart Wii, another high-profile first-party Wii game, was listed as coming out in Q2.

When contacted by VideoGamer.com a Nintendo spokesperson revealed that SSBB won't be out until after Q2 in Europe. SSBB is set for release in the US on February 10, 2008 and January 24, 2008 in Japan.

This is obviously bad news for European fans of the series. It means at best we won't be seeing SSBB for a whopping 158 days after its Japanese release, and 141 days after its US release.

The Nintendo spokesperson said: "If the game is not listed on the schedule up until the end of Q2 it is currently not due out until after that time."

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-12-2007-7051.html

I'm not entirely sure I believe it.

I mean, some random blogger contacts Nintendo and gets a "if it isn't on the list it must be out later". To be honest, I couldn't find Medal of Honour Heroes 2 on the list either, does that mean that won't be out till after June 2008 as well?

I'm just having my fingers crossed for either of these scenarios:
1. It was faked to get more hits. (we all know how websites like to say negative things to get hits).

2. The list was not complete or finalised, unbeknownst to the nameless informant.

3. He's got his wires crossed. (think about the region-free/region-locked thing from E3 06).

All in all, I don't think Nintendo's new policy of "don't isolate the European market (and Australian market by extension)" would be helped with the biggest game of next year being delayed over 3 months.

laderer5 said:
Not sure if this is old news but, here it goes.:cornut:

Nintendo confirms to VideoGamer.com that the game won't hit our shores until after the end of Q2 2008.
Hotly anticipated Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't be coming out in Europe until after June 2008, Nintendo has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.

We thought something was up when we noticed the game was absent from Nintendo's updated schedule, distributed to media this morning. This seemed odd considering Mario Kart Wii, another high-profile first-party Wii game, was listed as coming out in Q2.

When contacted by VideoGamer.com a Nintendo spokesperson revealed that SSBB won't be out until after Q2 in Europe. SSBB is set for release in the US on February 10, 2008 and January 24, 2008 in Japan.

This is obviously bad news for European fans of the series. It means at best we won't be seeing SSBB for a whopping 158 days after its Japanese release, and 141 days after its US release.

The Nintendo spokesperson said: "If the game is not listed on the schedule up until the end of Q2 it is currently not due out until after that time."

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-12-2007-7051.html

if thats true... i feel bad for you europeans

Back