SSBM - Advanced Skills: How Good Are You?

CyanRussel said:
But yet, we still know that it will be the same.......i mean, why change the controls of what made the game great?
I agree on that. It would be moronic to change the controls too much. What I was trying to get at is the fact that even though the controls should remain the same, it's what the controls are doing that counts.
They could make Link run 2.4% slower in Brawl and it would drastically change gameplay from Melee.
They could make Luigi have a little more friction this time, and it would make a huge difference from Melee.
They could make Marth's range 1.5% smaller and all of the sudden the mass amount of Marth pros will find themselves useless.
They could make Fox's up+b slightly shorter, like Falco's, and people would stop using him.

That is what I mean by tiny changes. Any tiny thing counts. And I think we can assume that there will be many little things such as these, being altered..

But obviously, I may be a little out of place here. And I apologize for that. I know that not everyone plays on the same level and most of you guys are just in it for the fun. You guys could probably care less about the technical aspects.

Last edited:
Prez said:
I agree on that. It would be moronic to change the controls too much. What I was trying to get at is the fact that even though the controls should remain the same, it's what the controls are doing that counts.
They could make Link run 2.4% slower in Brawl and it would drastically change gameplay from Melee.
They could make Luigi have a little more friction this time, and it would make a huge difference from Melee.
They could make Marth's range 1.5% smaller and all of the sudden the mass amount of Marth pros will find themselves useless.
They could make Fox's up+b slightly shorter, like Falco's, and people would stop using him.

That is what I mean by tiny changes. Any tiny thing counts. And I think we can assume that there will be many little things such as these, being altered..

But obviously, I may be a little out of place here. And I apologize for that. I know that not everyone plays on the same level and most of you guys are just in it for the fun.
Ohhhh, now i see what your saying....but i have to say, your wrong about Fox's Up+b move.....have you seen the trailer of him using it....its longer than the one on Melee!!

(Plus to add to Fox Up+b moves, its hurts alot more, on melee when he charged up fire would hit the opponent close enough to it, but on SSBB, when the fox is charging up, it not only burns you up from the charging point, when fox finishes charging and flys up to the air, people get combo all the way up in flames)

Last edited:
CyanRussel said:
Ohhhh, now i see what your saying....but i have to say, your wrong about Fox's Up+b move.....have you seen the trailer of him using it....its longer than the one on Melee!!
I was kind of just making up examples. I know those changes won't happen exactly how i stated. But you got my point.

Prez said:
I know that not everyone plays on the same level and most of you guys are just in it for the fun. You guys could probably care less about the technical aspects.
And you're the one thats questioning Shoko?

No need to hint at your superiority, we'll find out soon enough.

LevesqueIsKing said:
And you're the one thats questioning Shoko?

No need to hint at your superiority, we'll find out soon enough.
Sorry if that seemed kind of patronizing. I am not trying to sound like that. It really is true that most of the people here don't play on the same competitive level that some of us do. Most people don't bother analyzing the game, they just play it and enjoy. That is fine too.

And unfortunately, no. You will not find out soon enough. If you would like to arrange a meeting place and play me in Melee, I would be happy to.
I will play anyone in Brawl, happily. However I am not using it to prove my skills in Melee.

Prez said:
Sorry if that seemed kind of patronizing. I am not trying to sound like that. It really is true that most of the people here don't play on the same competitive level that some of us do. Most people don't bother analyzing the game, they just play it and enjoy. That is fine too.

And unfortunately, no. You will not find out soon enough. If you would like to arrange a meeting place and play me in Melee, I would be happy to.
I will play anyone in Brawl, happily. However I am not using it to prove my skills in Melee.

darn i was in pickering a couple of weeks ago....

mushroomedmario said:
darn i was in pickering a couple of weeks ago....
Well I live in Pickering. But due to the fact that I go to school, and work, in Toronto, I'm pretty much all over the place, all the time.
Refresh my memory, where is Waterloo in relation to Toronto?

I'm glad to see Prez here repping the competitive tournament scene. To assume we'll be playing the same game again is pretty crazy.

I wouldn't come here expecting everyone to be all down with the competitive lingo though, that's why I go to Smashboards. But its good to see that people are beginning to understand.

Back