SSX Blur causing system update?

NecroDemonNZXT

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
couldnt find anything through search----

When I entered the SSX blur DVD, the Wii updated! And I mean WTF, I have never connected my Wii online... never done an update. Did it run an update through the disc?
I just bought SSX, had some rounds, really good, but then I hit the + button to enter the start screen after a tournament and the wii froze, I had to unplug the system power cord. First time ever. Must have been SSX. Any1 having such an experience before?

i havent read any of this, but thats not to say it might be happening.

ever used a PSP? they have updates on the discs, not just online, maybe as a way to combat firmware revisions that support cracked games etc...

as nintendo have probably heard of loads of people with getting their wiis to work online properly, they may have gone for a similar system..

i think ill go check it out to see for sure

so its like i thought.

probably with the release of mod chips they needed a more reliable way to 'force' the updates....as the online ones dont work so well for alot of people, although i already said that......im tired so im talking crap

How can you tell it updated your wii...The first time I played SSX blur it froze at one point and made a loud buzz sound. It wouldn't recover so I unplugged and restarted the game. But I did not see anywhere on the system that that event was an update.

well my Wii froze 4 times and all were while playing SSx Blur. But then I bought the wii fan and it haven't freeze again

You Shouldn't Unplug The Wii When It Freezes... Just Hold Down The Power Button For About 5 Seconds And It'll Turn Off To The Red Light Instead Of The Standby "Orange" Color.

It makes sense if the update is needed to play the game. Like your wii needs to be version 1.x in order for the game to work properly so it includes the needed update on the disc. It's like computer games that come with a version of direct x to make sure you have the version needed.

tarheelsuperman said:
How can you tell it updated your wii...The first time I played SSX blur it froze at one point and made a loud buzz sound. It wouldn't recover so I unplugged and restarted the game. But I did not see anywhere on the system that that event was an update.
Thats exactly what happened. My wii isnt really hot though. And to answer ur question, before I started the game, when disc was being read it performed an update, although I 've never connected my Wii online.

Back