ssx blur question

fakemxcan

WiiChat Member
Nov 16, 2006
ok so im having trouble on my landings after i do turns in the halfpipes, anyone got any tips? ive been pressing the buttons it sais on the tutorial to press to land it, ive even timed them differently and it just doesnt seem to work, its so freakin annoying, can anyone help me?

Ok this annoyed me at first. Press A after you are done with your trick and dont move at all and you should straighten out.

Yea, in addition to what st0rm posted..make sure you are finished and in an upright position before you land..even if you press A to brace yourself you won't land if you're not upright and finished with whatever trick you were engaged in..makes sense.

The A button gets you out of the trick you're doing and ready to land, its not like a "press this button to land" kind of thing. It just readies you for the landing. The earlier you press it the earlier you'll be ready to land. Try pressing it pretty early a few times and make sure you don't move your remotes at all after pressing it. It'll become second nature, just give it time. I usually get over 1 million points on half pipes now. Unlocking new ubers helps alot too. I get over 100,000 points whenever I do the new ubers.

What I do is "tap," not Hold or press once, the A button when landing. And not moving your wiimote when ready for landing is the best tip ever.

Cosmonaut said:
Good stuff Skorp..you unlock the neo ubers by grabbing the uber specific little octagon things, right?

Yep explore the hills in free mode, you need 20 of a certain type to unlock a new uber. There are more than 20 of most of the icons. Like I have 32/20 for one of them right now. 275 icons total, 8 tricks to unlock, so you could unlock all of them by only getting 160 of the icons. I'm glad they made more than 20 of each, otherwise it'd have been really hard. As Tank said throwing snowballs is a good way to get them too. It's always sadistically funny when you're playing multiplayer and keep knocking each other down.

There are also challenges you can do when you're exploring, they give you new clothes and new skis/snowboards.

Skorp said:
The A button gets you out of the trick you're doing and ready to land, its not like a "press this button to land" kind of thing. It just readies you for the landing. The earlier you press it the earlier you'll be ready to land. Try pressing it pretty early a few times and make sure you don't move your remotes at all after pressing it. It'll become second nature, just give it time. I usually get over 1 million points on half pipes now. Unlocking new ubers helps alot too. I get over 100,000 points whenever I do the new ubers.

I'd say don't press the A button early because then you don't land straight with the hill. Just hold Z for boost and come out of your tricks as late as possible.

miiplaywii said:
I'd say don't press the A button early because then you don't land straight with the hill. Just hold Z for boost and come out of your tricks as late as possible.

Good tip for those of us who've got the hang of things, but if he's still struggling to land, I think it's easier to learn to press it a bit earlier and then when you get the feel for how long it takes to get out of certain tricks you can do better landings.

Skorp said:
Yep explore the hills in free mode, you need 20 of a certain type to unlock a new uber. There are more than 20 of most of the icons. Like I have 32/20 for one of them right now. 275 icons total, 8 tricks to unlock, so you could unlock all of them by only getting 160 of the icons. I'm glad they made more than 20 of each, otherwise it'd have been really hard. As Tank said throwing snowballs is a good way to get them too. It's always sadistically funny when you're playing multiplayer and keep knocking each other down.

There are also challenges you can do when you're exploring, they give you new clothes and new skis/snowboards.
Good deal dude, thanks for the info..I am working on unlocking some of those extra uber tricks currently..have a few so far.

Back