SSX Blur -- Slalom Races

EK987

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Chicago
I know there are a lot of SSX Blur threads out there but does anybody find the Slalom races to be IMPOSSIBLE?? I mean there's no way I could ever get 1st place on any of them! The best I've done is 3rd place on one of them.

Any tips? Anyone share the same feelings as me?

The first slalom race wasn't really that hard, basically just go as slow as you can. As for the peak 2 slalom...I give up each time.

To get peak 2 I think you just have to medal in each event.

Yeah my best was 4th place. I though I was doing good but guess way to slow.

It kinda gets confusing which races you did and didn't do.

you have to win the first two tournaments to unlock peak two.... i was having a horrible time with the slalom courses too.... i tried using the nunchuck in my right hand (since you dont really really need the wiimote) and it was much easier.... There's no need to go full speed either -- i was definately pulling back on the joystick for much of the course...

Hope this helps....

I beat the like 3 of the shaloms in 2nd and first, trick is lean the nunchuck and press left or right on the joystick makes sharp turns nicely

I started doing better if I did the slalom races in my computer chair. I turn and lean as if I am on the snowboard. I have gold everything on Peak 1 and 2 now I just need to do tourneys so I can open Peak 3.

Best way to get the job done is to hold back on the joystick the entire time.

Everything that has already been said is very true. Here are the 3 things I consider ESSENTIAL in trying to place #1 in the Slalom Races:

1. Do not make too wide of turns. Keep your turns around each flag/gate very sharp and just barely knick the flag. Hold back on the joystick almost the entire time to maintain control and tilt the nunchuck AND move the joystick left/right around each turn.

2. Practice each course over and over until you get it. That way you learn the course really well and can anticipate where the next flag will be.

3. Possibly THE MOST IMPORTANT - Sacrifice speed for accuracy. You will seem like you are going too slow, but by not missing a single gate, your time should be well below the competition. ONE missed gate adds 20 seconds to your time! Don't miss any gates!

Hope this helps. And hope everyone is enjoying this awesome game! I just sold my 50" HDTV right before purchasing this game (DOH!) and I'm now stuck playing it on my 20" Computer Monitor/HDTV until I purchase another TV. haha. Still fun though!

Thanks for making a thread pertaining to this topic..I am on peak 2 and have gold medals in everything except for slalom..I find myself still unable to place higher than third even when I am holding the joystick back the entire time and using the nunchuck to turn..hopefully soon I'll get it, sure is tough though.

I like the slalom races. I had to adjust my turning/carving in the Options menu because I was horrible making the turns. Afterwards, I did really well at slalom. Just take your time and make wide turns. The slalom race on peak 3 is awesome. The first time I did it, I got 1st place.

Thanks for the advice everyone, but no matter how slow I go and how broad of turns I make, I can't get around every single flag. Does adjusting the turning/carving in the Options menu actually help?

I find the game pretty easy in terms of unlocking characters, peaks, and getting to the top of the leaderboard. I'm in 1st place and I have more than 2 times as many points as the person in 2nd place, and I have all 3 peaks. (And 9/10 tournaments)

jeagle82 said:
Everything that has already been said is very true. Here are the 3 things I consider ESSENTIAL in trying to place #1 in the Slalom Races:

1. Do not make too wide of turns. Keep your turns around each flag/gate very sharp and just barely knick the flag. Hold back on the joystick almost the entire time to maintain control and tilt the nunchuck AND move the joystick left/right around each turn.

2. Practice each course over and over until you get it. That way you learn the course really well and can anticipate where the next flag will be.

3. Possibly THE MOST IMPORTANT - Sacrifice speed for accuracy. You will seem like you are going too slow, but by not missing a single gate, your time should be well below the competition. ONE missed gate adds 20 seconds to your time! Don't miss any gates!

Hope this helps. And hope everyone is enjoying this awesome game! I just sold my 50" HDTV right before purchasing this game (DOH!) and I'm now stuck playing it on my 20" Computer Monitor/HDTV until I purchase another TV. haha. Still fun though!

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Back