SSX Blur Uber tricks

fuzzywonder

WiiChat Member
Dec 1, 2006
IN, USA
Wii Online Code
7371-1226-4429-1257
Picked up Blur this evening after preordering!!!
It looks like On tour. Having problems with Uber tricks...I can't get them to work on the tutorial. I follow the directions, and nothing happens but a normal trick.

Is anyone else having problems with the ubers??? If you get them to work, tell me how you did! Thanks.

Edit:Just read the IGN review and it states that Ubers are very hard to pull off...don't feel entirely bad, but still want it to work.

Last edited:
Lol they are a pain in the ass aren't they... My little bro was playing blurr with me and was able to pull everyone off haha. Id say the only thing i can thing of is make sure u are pointing at the screen haha

I cant do the uber tricks in the tutorial either. I can make the movements in the uber training but I cant pull them off in the tutorial. I will have to play with it for a while to get the hang of it I guess.

the Uber tricks are difficult, but I have been able to pull them off during the tutorial and some during the actual game play. I've only played for a couple of hours but so far I love the game. The controls are tough at first but once you get them down it feels natural.

Ok I have a question. In the uber trick tutorial do you have to do the trick that they show you the hint for or can you do any of the four uber tricks you start with?

yes u do. I've been able to do some (the "Z" pattern and "heart" pattern) but not able to that funky "move both controllers to the left a do a circle" trick.

Oh yea I know which one you are talking about but you dont use both controllers. It is just the wiimote. You start at the right and then move it to the left and make a circle and then drop it and make another circle and then back to the right. I thought it was both controllers to, but if you do the uber trick practice it shows how to make each movement(not the tutorial). I still cant do any of them while in game.

GoNintendo has an article here on it:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=13947

Basically it says to keep practicing, and practice with the single loop. Make a big sweeping, but quick, loop. Practice on that and then move to harder stuff. Basically, you don't make it huge, but make it big and carefully.

I can't wait to get this game!!

Update

Homesrfan said:
GoNintendo has an article here on it:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=13947

Basically it says to keep practicing, and practice with the single loop. Make a big sweeping, but quick, loop. Practice on that and then move to harder stuff. Basically, you don't make it huge, but make it big and carefully.

I can't wait to get this game!!

Thanks for the link. I read the article and the tips on the uber tricks were awesome. After reading exactly what to do, I went to the tutorial and my first attempt was successful!!! The ubers are awesome once you master them. To those wondering if they should buy Blur should buy it because it is really challenging and I find that is lacking in some of the games on the market.

It took me quite awhile in the Uber training to get the tricks, but I found out finally what I think I was having the most trouble with--when exactly to press and release the A button. Mostly I was letting go of A just a second too early. Finish the trick design and bring your hand to a stop before you hit A; it feels unnatural like you're holding it too long, but I have much higher Ubertrick "accuracy" now that I started doing that.

MultI User

I am having difficulty using the second controller for SSX. Did anyone else having trouble when first setting up? I want to play two users at one time.
Thanks!

meister said:
I am having difficulty using the second controller for SSX. Did anyone else having trouble when first setting up? I want to play two users at one time.
Thanks!

I got it to work today. Hit the Wii Menu botton on the 1st player controller and click at the bottom for remote settings. Click on reconnect and you'll be able to connect the first and second controller. Afterward, go back to the game and you'll be able to do the multiplayer.

I played it at my friends house. Found it hard, then agian I only played three runs.

Back