SSX Blur

As said previously it has a marginal learning curve to do uber tricks and some more advanced movements, but it's easy enough to just play 2 player split screen and teach them. I found this to be one of the few games I can enjoy with my girlfriend and enjoy myself as a challenge. (As a fan of dbz I can't get her to touch it for more than 10mins)

How well do the uber-trick-point-and-draw-the-move-action work? Heard some rumours that it could be rather delayed? or even poor?

Guinness said:
SSX Blur is a great game, the controls are tight once you get the hang of it, and the graphics are some of the best yet on the Wii in my opinion. Since no one has mentioned the soundtrack, I'll add that. The soundtrack it superb. All the tracks are written by Junkie XL, and while most of the tracks are Big Beat, which is a departure for Junkie, it grew on me fast, and it really fits the game well. Big Beat is the style popularized by Fat Boy Slim if you're not if you're not familiar that genera. What really makes it work however is the control you have over the music just through gameplay. When you begin a race or event, the music starts with just the basic breakbeat, when you nail your first big trick, the bassline may come in, you nail another series of tricks and the synth will come in. So in essence your gameplay builds the music, play good for long enough and the music will eventually peakout. There are little things as well, like if you came to a complete stop the music will stop, accompanied be the brake sound you would hear if you hit stop on a turntable. Awesome touch. How it does all this while managing to keep in time with the music I don't know, but it adds to one of the most unique soundtrack experiences out there. I definitively recommend this. 9.0 - 10

Thank you very much for your great review of the game. Im gonna buy the game very soon.

I would say the game has a small learning curve, but is by no means any less good than others. I'd obtain it if I were you.

SSX Blur - Widescreen

Anyone have their Wii connected to a HDTV via the 480P componet cables? Wii Sports is full widescreen but SSX doesn't quite go widescreen I have about 3/4" black bars on the left and right. Thanks.

Schneideren said:
How well do the uber-trick-point-and-draw-the-move-action work? Heard some rumours that it could be rather delayed? or even poor?

I got my hands on the game last week as I am a die hard fan of all the SSX's releases [although 'On-Tour' was an average soulless title!!] and once you get to grips with the control system then you will love this one as well - the only issue I actually have is that the ubers are hit and miss on this one... at best they take 2 or 3 attempts; providing you have the air; and at worst you just flail about like a spaz and don't achieve anything really, but hey apart from this it's certainly a solid title - IMHO doesn't beat SSX3 tho...:wtf:

Back