Stained Wii anyone else?

sethneeley

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2007
Hello all, I have had my Wii for about a week and it has developed this stain all over the casing. I have a very clean apartment, no carpet, and an air purifier in the same room. The Wii regularly has a layer of what looks like dust or soot on it that comes off for the most part, but had left it looking like a smuged leopard print. To be honest the thing looks terrible next to my tv, so I hide it in the cabinet now. The only thing I could consider is the candle on the other side of the room leaving soot on it, but I have never heard of this, especially in just a week. I called Nintendo and they had no similar complaints, so they said it was the environment. Any ideas? I have tried cleanign with paper towels, water, and even isopropyl alcohol...

So I take it your a clean freak?

Mine hasn't gotten dirty so I dunno what your problem is.. .if you live in the City thats why, Probally Polution. You'll have to live with it

I am in rural Ohio and my city is 18K, pretty small. I just don't know why the tv and dvd player doesn't have the similar soot? Mabey i'll try the product that guy with the beard and flannel shirt sells on tv. ha.

sethneeley said:
Hello all, I have had my Wii for about a week and it has developed this stain all over the casing. I have a very clean apartment, no carpet, and an air purifier in the same room. The Wii regularly has a layer of what looks like dust or soot on it that comes off for the most part, but had left it looking like a smuged leopard print. To be honest the thing looks terrible next to my tv, so I hide it in the cabinet now. The only thing I could consider is the candle on the other side of the room leaving soot on it, but I have never heard of this, especially in just a week. I called Nintendo and they had no similar complaints, so they said it was the environment. Any ideas? I have tried cleanign with paper towels, water, and even isopropyl alcohol...

Look at it this way...You are the ONLY person in the world with the LIMITED EDITION Leopard skin Wii. The fact of the natter is that anything white will lose it's luster as time goes on, but I would rather it not hapen to my Wii :sad:

Master Foot said:
Look at it this way...You are the ONLY person in the world with the LIMITED EDITION Leopard skin Wii. The fact of the natter is that anything white will lose it's luster as time goes on, but I would rather it not hapen to my Wii :sad:
Lol, a well profound perspective, I'll give you that.

Wow thats weird.

My house is pretty dusty sometimes, especially the tv, and this never happened to me.

Maybe for some reason your Wii has a lot of electrotic-static on it and it is drawing all the dust? Try rubbing it down with a dryer sheet to de-static it.

ebay it as a limited edition and buy a new one.....

Could be over heating and causing the plastic to warp with candle soot.

I noticed a lil smudge too, but its only where the rubber stops in the vert stand contact so thats obviously it for me, is it in the lower rear corners of the wii when vert?

im not for certain but i believe it would be the candle. We have many run in our house, and as a result on our white walls in the living room at the top where the ceiling and wall meet there is a black mark that looks like a shadow, but its not its from the candle.

sethneeley said:

same becuase Wii is like an IPOD, it picks up dirt easily. I got it out will rubbing alcohol the same stuff u use to clean your cuts. Then dry it with a paper towel.

Back