Stained Wii anyone else?

It seems to me the most logical answer is someone in the house is smoking. Otherwise, it could be that candle you were talking about.

sethneeley said:
I am in rural Ohio and my city is 18K, pretty small. I just don't know why the tv and dvd player doesn't have the similar soot? Mabey i'll try the product that guy with the beard and flannel shirt sells on tv. ha.

Rural Ohio!? 18000 citizens!? ME TOO! Where do you live? I live in Troy OH, a suburb of Dayton.

Aerodude618 said:
same becuase Wii is like an IPOD, it picks up dirt easily. I got it out will rubbing alcohol the same stuff u use to clean your cuts. Then dry it with a paper towel.

Ohh thanx, I'll write that down, my ipod is stinking.. and I move the wii around alot, (parents are divorced so im back and forth parents houses, plus sisters, grand-parents and such) so Im sure that will come in handy :)

Seth, I'm from Central Ohio - Good to see another Buckeye here.

I also think it's from the candle. I suggest you get a few of those candle warmers (look like coffee cup warmers) and not light the candles. My wife is a candle nut but with my allergies/sinuses, burning them just kills me. Oddly, the warmers don't seem to bother me. The candle slowly melts from below and the candles last at least 5 times longer than burning. The scent still starts smelling within a few minutes of turning on the warmer though so my wife stays happy.

Take a pic and let us see so we know what to look out for.

Nope, neither of us smoke. We have the air purifier because she is so sensative with her allergies and asthma. I am in Tiffin, OH. Here is a picture after 10 days of ownership:(
100_0135Medium.jpg

sethneeley said:
Nope, neither of us smoke. We have the air purifier because she is so sensative with her allergies and asthma. I am in Tiffin, OH. Here is a picture after 10 days of ownership:(
100_0135Medium.jpg

Stop loosing skin cells and you won't have to worry that much about dust.

But that picture to me looks liek black smoke residue. It is possible to clean if you use the right products. I bet an orange cleaner would work.

sethneeley said:
100_0135Medium.jpg

holy ****, did you **** on it
try alcohol to clean it

Whoa that is crazy, I haven't seen anything like that on any of my electronics at all period and I live in a old dusty home.

Become good at designing and make the wiii a limited edition grunge wii but make it look good. No idea what do do. My wii came with 2 scratches but i can't compain about that :)!

Maybe your TV gets rather hot and is scorching the side of it? or the fan on your Wii is sucking dust out of the back of the TV? I haven't given mine a dust dipp yet so I don't know whether or not it stains. and I doubt you need Oxy clean dude . . .

I have seen the same stain situation on my Wii. I can say without doubt that its not from smoking or candles. That said, what ever it was it cleaned off very easily.

Raz

It could be from handling the Wii too much. If there is any dirt on your hands it could be sticking to it...this is particularly true if your hands are a little sweaty from playing (but then it should be on the wiimote too). Only explanation I can think of.

well it looks like its from the candle maybe the fan is sucking in the dust n stuff...

my nunchuk's joystick's rubber part is starting to turn yellow....

Back