Stand-by Messages

VFSampa

WiiChat Member
Jan 24, 2007
I know that during the night the system can recieve messages in the "Stand-by" mode. What happens if one of my kids unpligged the power cord and then in the morning I plug it back in. My question is since I might have missed any messages that were sent, does the system look for missed messages when power is restored or are they just lost for good?

Ok thanks for the reply. The Wii is on a switched outlet and it does get turned off from time to time, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose any messages.

csiguy4u said:
It's kinda like outlook express. The messages are on a server and your Wii will just download them from your account when you get online.

Is there any point in leaving it switched on over night then? Why not just switch it on when you want to use it if you're still going to get the messages and save on power?

Porg said:
Is there any point in leaving it switched on over night then? Why not just switch it on when you want to use it if you're still going to get the messages and save on power?

Your only going to save like few $$ worth of power a year by turning it off. Back in November when the Wii first came out we discussed the power use and did the math.

csiguy4u said:
Your only going to save like few $$ worth of power a year by turning it off. Back in November when the Wii first came out we discussed the power use and did the math.

i thought if the wii wasnt on when the message/mii came through u didnt get it Oo interesting. o well i like the lights :D
news channel doesnt take as long to update in morning if on 24/7. updates overnight with wiiconnectt24 i believe

Back