Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the Wii!!

highroller

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
LucasArts has announced that this game will be available for the Wii, next Spring 2008. We will finally be able to use the wii mote as the lightsaber and the force maybe with the Nunchuk.

Check video at:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

Taken from GameSpot:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/starwars2007/index.html

Force being Unleashed on Wii next spring
Following months of rumors, LucasArts confirms its first game featuring Wii Remote-enabled lightsaber combat.
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Sep 18, 2007 12:41 pm PT

After using the Wii Remote as a virtual sword in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, many gamers had one question on their minds: "When can I use this thing as a lightsaber?" Today, LucasArts had an answer: Spring 2008, when the publisher of all things Star Wars will release its first game for Nintendo's wildly popular console.

Contrary to some rumors, the game in question will not be an all-new title; rather, it will be a port of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, also due for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, and Xbox 360. Unlike its siblings, the Wii edition will have an emphasis on lightsaber combat via an exclusive duel mode. The mode will allow two players to face off in head-to-head matches using Wii Remotes as if they were the energy blades favored by the Jedi Knights.

The Wii edition of The Force Unleashed is being developed by Australia-based Krome Studios (Viva Piñata: Party Animals; The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night). All versions of the game will put players in the shoes of an as-yet-unnamed Force-adept character toiling secretly under the auspices of none other than Darth Vader to seek out and destroy the Jedi stragglers who could threaten the Empire's power.

The Force Unleashed made an impression at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo with its cutting-edge graphics, physics, and artificial intelligence, which are powered by Pixelux's Digital Molecular Matter and NaturalMotion's Euphoria middleware. GameSpot's previous coverage has more details on the game and its groundbreaking technology.

Last edited:
This just proves me right! Months ago, I said this was coming for the Wii. Nobody believed me. I'll try to find the thread I posted it in.

Edit: Found my thread here. I can't help but say: I told all you guys!

Oh, and nice find! Rep for you!

Last edited:
Nice! I just hope that they keep it a FPS and not try to make it a flying/vehicle game too. Thats whats hampered SW games in the past.

see my sig. Posted before.

I'll add something you should take in mind, though:

Also, the WII version is under development by KROME STUDIOS as opposed to LucasArts (whose working on the 360/PS3 version). You might remember Krome Studios from such AAA titles as "Extremely Goofy Skateboarding", "Barbie Beach Volleyball" and "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Jet Fusion"

Not a big star wars fan at all, but the game doesn't sound too bad.
Maybe a renter.

I would like a Star Wars Battlefront game using Metroid-style controls and playable online.

The original trailer did not include the Wii symbol, but NOW it is confirmed that it will be a Wii release (sweet for us)

LucasArts to Unleash the Force on the Wii in Spring 2008
By LucasArts
Press Release -- This Content Was Not Created By GameSpot
Posted Sep 18, 2007 1:15 pm PT

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Sept. 18, 2007 – LucasArts today revealed that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will come to the Wii home videogame system from Nintendo next spring, offering owners the unique chance to live out their Jedi fantasies by wielding the Wii Remote as a lightsaber while using the Nunchuk controller to torment foes with their Force powers.

The Force Unleashed casts players as Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice" and promises to unveil new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy. The game's expansive story is set during the largely unexplored era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. In it, players will assist the iconic villain in his quest to rid the universe of Jedi – and face decisions that could change the course of their destiny.

The Wii version, in development by Krome Studios, will also add an exclusive duel mode in which players can compete head-to-head with their friends to determine the ultimate Jedi Master.

"The Wii is a great platform for The Force Unleashed, because the console's motion-oriented controllers really bring the game to life," said Jim Ward, President of LucasArts. "We've worked hard to make the Wii version of the game unique in order to truly let you unleash the Force."

More About Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

The Force Unleashed is the first next-generation game developed internally at LucasArts, and will be available on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system.

As its name implies, The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force by taking full advantage of newly developed technologies that will be seen and experienced for the first time: Digital Molecular Matter, by Pixelux Entertainment, and euphoria by NaturalMotion Ltd.

"The combination of our great story, memorable characters, and the revolutionary new technology that we're introducing will deliver something Star Wars fans have never seen before, in addition to attracting newcomers to gaming, something that is very important to us," added Ward.

LucasArts and developer Krome Studios are creating an equally enthralling version of The Force Unleashed on the Wii, PlayStation2 computer entertainment system and PSP (PlayStationPortable) system, and n-Space, Inc., is developing a version for the Nintendo DS. All will feature the same storyline, with opportunities to unleash the Force in devastating new ways.

Working with Lucas Licensing, LucasArts is preparing an unprecedented promotional effort around the launch of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, encompassing a full line of toys and game-based action figures from Hasbro, as well as a full publishing program from Dark Horse, Del Rey and Palace Press.

More information about the game can be found at the official website, www.theforceunleashed.com, which will continue to release details throughout the year.

About LucasArts

LucasArts, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company, is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software worldwide for video game console systems, computers and the Internet. Based in San Francisco, Calif., as well as on the Internet at www.lucasarts.com, LucasArts was created in 1982 by George Lucas to provide an interactive element to his vision of a state-of-the-art, multifaceted entertainment company.

I dont usually like games like this, but this game looks sweet. i cant wait to play it!

~I can't find any videos showing what it would look/play like on wii.
All the vids are pc/ps3/360 stuff.

Does anyone know if any wii force unleashed vids exist?

Looks good but I can't help but notice there is no Wii symbol on the website. I can't see the Wii version looking like that either.

Back