Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Possibly Delayed on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Crafting the most complex and realistic Star Wars game ever has apparently proven to be far more challenging to the folks at LucasArts than expected.

Originally, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was to debut last fall on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii, combined with a massive marketing push including toys, action figures, books, and every other imaginable type of merchandise. As 2007 came to a close, LucasArts officially pushed the title back until Spring 2008, citing the need for additional development for the delay.

Now retailer Amazon.com has updated the street date from this spring to August 26 for all three console versions, while EBGames still shows an April 1 release date. LucasArts has yet to formally comment on the change at Amazon, but we see no reason for Amazon to arbitrarily make up their own dates.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Possibly Delayed on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii
January 18, 2008

Crafting the most complex and realistic Star Wars game ever has apparently proven to be far more challenging to the folks at LucasArts than expected.

Originally, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was to debut last fall on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii, combined with a massive marketing push including toys, action figures, books, and every other imaginable type of merchandise. As 2007 came to a close, LucasArts officially pushed the title back until Spring 2008, citing the need for additional development for the delay.

Now retailer Amazon.com has updated the street date from this spring to August 26 for all three console versions, while EBGames still shows an April 1 release date. LucasArts has yet to formally comment on the change at Amazon, but we see no reason for Amazon to arbitrarily make up their own dates.

Without LucasArts confirmation it is impossible to say whether August is now the official "target" release month or not, despite what date Amazon is now showing. Given the uproar this news is likely to cause in the devoted Star Wars community salivating over a new Star Wars chapter, a formal response from LucasArts should appear sooner rather than later.

this sucks. link
http://www.themanroom.com/news/Star_Wars_The_Force_Unleashed_Possibly_Delayed_on_Xbox_360_PS3_Wii/1951

PS3 delay lasts longer...shame.

Not overly disappointed about this, plus theres more games to look forward to in the summer if it is true.

CantGetAWii said:
Not overly disappointed about this, plus theres more games to look forward to in the summer if it is true.

I will most likely miss out on this so no blow to myself.

its a shame it will be delayed if its the MOST realistic star wars game yet...but if it doesnt have online or a good story mode they should forget about it

I'm really looking forward to this game, but I wouldn't mind a delay so long as the game doesn't suck when it's released.

ya some of the older star wars games had no storyline at all...so if this one can make up for the lack of storylines in the other star wars games this game will own.

Back