Star Wars with Wiimote

xbandaidx

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Wisconsin
Wii Online Code
4857-5695-0490-5844
We all knew it was going to come eventually, but this is pretty much the closest we'll get with our imagination of how the sound effects and the wiimote will be.

This thread's purpose is to show the video and give an idea of how a star wars game could be with audio and the wiimote, I already know this has been brought up before, but not with a video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldY7srvHNCI[/media]

Looks like I have something to try on my Macbook this weekend.

P.S. This guy in this video annoys me.

Surprisingly someone out there thought of using the MacSaber application which makes use of the Motion Sensor technology in Mac portables today (it locks the harddrive if it senses rapid movement) and decided to implement it with the wiimote.

Last edited:
Its to give you an idea of how well a Star Wars game could be on the Wii. Audio is just as important as video.

Ohh If Lucas Arts Isnt Making A Star Wars Game For The Wii!!!.........:mad2:

I believe they are Joe. I'm not sure if they'll be porting the new Indiana Jones title to Wii though which would be equally cool.

Joe said:
Ohh If Lucas Arts Isnt Making A Star Wars Game For The Wii!!!.........:mad2:

I'm pretty sure they are making one, if they seriously let this chance pass by, it'd be an incredibly stupid move on their part. I've seen ideas on this forum about how the controls could be implemented and some people had great ideas.

Ideas such as using a control somewhat like the shield attack in Zelda, like push the nunchuk forward and than press the Z button to capture the enemy within your 'force' and move the nunchuk back to drag them towards you, or in another direction.

xbandaidx said:
I'm pretty sure they are making one, if they seriously let this chance pass by, it'd be an incredibly stupid move on their part. I've seen ideas on this forum about how the controls could be implemented and some people had great ideas.

Ideas such as using a control somewhat like the shield attack in Zelda, like push the nunchuk forward and than press the Z button to capture the enemy within your 'force' and move the nunchuk back to drag them towards you, or in another direction.

WOW............. I cant wait!

I was actually talking about how good a Star Wars game on the Wii would be, if you got to battle with lightsabers. I think it would also be equally as cool if not more so if there was a medevil first person fighting game, where you just pick your equipment and all the swings are realtime and shield blocks and so forth, add some magic **** in there maybe. Kinda Like Oblivion style.

Oblivion on the Wii would be pimp! Danm game developers need to think harder...we come up with some good ideas on this forum though!

Yeah here is a link

http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707824p1.html

a quote from it
During a technical demonstration for an unnamed Xbox 360 and PS3 Star Wars title, LucasArts made note to announce high interest in creating a Wii title in the Star Wars universe, with lightsaber battles in mind.

obvisually there were no offical announcement yet, however its a given basically.

@ Joe

Yes, Game developers should hire people on this forum as game advisors. :X

well I geuss we're getting a Star wars game for the Wii! :smilewinkgrin:

Dev/Null said:
What do you think would work better 1st person or 3rd person?

I would say 3rd person, because if they do, do the force idea I mentioned above, it would be better from a third person perspective.

I'd say first person to feel more immersed in the environment. Maybe they'll do a Pirates of the Caribbean style swash-buckling game in the future.

They could just do an option where you can choose first person or third person.

Back