Star Wars with Wiimote

xbandaidx said:
They could just do an option where you can choose first person or third person.
Those tend not to work as well, you can end up getting really dodgy camera angles etc. When a game is dedicated purely to one like gears of war they tend to be much higher quality, its better for the game to be designed around one way of controlling the person, I can't remember the name of that SW game but it annoyed me how you play in 1st person walking around with guns then immediately switched to 3rd for lightsabre battles/

Dev/Null said:
Those tend not to work as well, you can end up getting really dodgy camera angles etc. When a game is dedicated purely to one like gears of war they tend to be much higher quality, its better for the game to be designed around one way of controlling the person, I can't remember the name of that SW game but it annoyed me how you play in 1st person walking around with guns then immediately switched to 3rd for lightsabre battles/

Understandable, I guess I forgot about gun battles. Seeing how the wiimote seems to be really geared towards FPS which is almost a given, it wouldn't surprise me if they follow that same method.

I'd personally rather want to do a lightsaber battle 3rd person, and shooting 1st.

Jedi outcast and Jedi Academy are both first/third person games. first is usually best for guns and third is really the only possible way you can fight with a lightsaber and expect to survive. you just have to see more than the limited first person camera has to offer. you just need to see beside and in front of you during a saber duel. I think the third person view for a game like that would be cool on wii. you would get to see exactly where your saber is at all time. so if you twirl in you can see it go behind you and everything.

if the devs at lucas arts didn't pop a boner when they saw the wii mote then something isn't workin down there. it's a given really!

lordsknightn said:
I heard that they didn't start making it yet. Is that true?

No one knows anything about if they started or what. The only thing we know is that Lucas Arts announced they had very high interest in the Wii console.

I dont see how you would be able to have fun in third person? I think it would be good to have first person anything that way you could see the lightsaber in front of you making it the most realistic it will ever get!:yesnod:

doctorecs said:
I dont see how you would be able to have fun in third person? I think it would be good to have first person anything that way you could see the lightsaber in front of you making it the most realistic it will ever get!:yesnod:

although first person might seem more realistic i wouldn't be able to bare it, one of the reasons being morrowind, thats how they did it in that game, when you had a sword fight it was first person view but it took like 13 swings to even hit somone and seeing that on my wii would make me sick to my stomach, plus it would be easier to see whats going on in 3rd person

Looks like Star Wars Kid is all grown up and off to college.

Battlefront 3 would be awesome on Wii. That's my favorite Star Wars series - and I can't wait for a third installment in general.

battlefront was okay for a while because u finally get to see a different side of the star wars series (using a gun) but i missed lightsabers

Back