Starcraft Ghost Not Cancelled

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
ghost.jpg

Item #417 in the "Starcraft Ghost isn't dead yet" files: speaking with MTV, Blizzard's Frank Pearce says that while the company's attention has turned in recent months (well...years) towards some more high-profile titles, Ghost is not, and never was, cancelled:

It never was technically canceled. It's just a focus thing for us right now. We've got a finite amount of development resources and a lot of different things that we want to focus on so there's always the possibility, but right now we're spending our time on "World of Warcraft" and our expansion "Wrath of the Lich King" and "StarCraft II.

So when one or two of those products ship, you can all get back to badgering Blizzard about bringing back Ghost. Or Diablo III. Actually, you'll probably find the time to badger about both.

Source

Very awesome!

Its cancelled, just like another website said, when a game is not gonna be released in your lifetime its basically cancelled. Obviously its probably gonna be released in our lifetime, but for all we know that could be 10 years from now. They would have to start all over updating things. Especially now that there's a SC2 and there's new units and planets. So basically its still a dead title and won't be revived for a long time. Chances are Diablo III is in the works after SC2.

I hope this is a more Wii based game, it'd work really well like Metriod. God I hate Blizzard, build up a game, hype, promise an 07' release and then ditch it for other games.

Good news anyways.

Blizzard has never been one to settle for less. They always keep their games top quality in all aspects including graphics, controls, gameplay, balanced, etc. So either it will be Wii only or Xbox/PS3, so I doubt it will be on Wii. Even the original screen shots of the old game doesn't look like it can run on the Wii.

Back