Stars Fox News And Animal Crossing Wii News

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Hi Wii fans, this is a pair of nuggets that I have for you. EDGE Magazine published an article about the upcoming Animal Crossing for Wii, and they wrote that this one is going to be an MMO. Well, that’s truth. This game is being created as one of the premier Wii Online experiences and it’s definitely an MMO. Worried about the lack of hard drive on Wii? Don’t be. Somebody is telling me that a Wii + Hard Drive is indeed planed to appear when the release of this title is ready (Q4 2008). Also, people can still use SD cards to save their data (A 2GB SD Card is going to be packed with this Animal Crossing, you can count on that).

Other game that’s going to show sometime in late 2008 or early 2009 is the new Star Fox. My Ninja spy told me that the new Fox McCloud adventure is being developed by a Nintendo second-party developer, and it’s going to be very similar to the N64 classic (no more crappy on-foot missions like Assault). Information about this game is going to appear very early the next year, and a lot of people would be impressed and would restore their faith about this franchise, because this latest entry is getting a lot of attention from Nintendo.

Source:
http://elementops.wordpress.com/2007/11/22/wii-games-for-2008-animal-crossing-and-star-fox/

Glad to see some details on those games.
But the dreaded hard drive talk is back again :lol:
Hopefully it comes to fruition though.

Nice read. Sorry for the newbie question but whats a MMO?

MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online or One of these. ...but it's probably the first one.

@Cantgetawii- You've kind of become our official news guy haven't you? Nice work!

PS- I would absolutely love these rumors to be true, but I won't believe until we get something official.

Last edited:
Animal crossing, hard drive, Starfox:yesnod:

Anyone else think that Star Fox going back to it's 64 style is just a little too good to be true. I'd love for them to go into the 64 direction ,but with Assault like graphics.

Yeah, that'd be amazing. And, I don't know, 12 player online like Mario Kart? Amazing-er!

I dont think u nesscerily need alot of players during online player especially in shooting games. Its nice to see it be done ,but i think it makes things to hectic ,and easy to get killed because around every turn someone is waiting there.

Yeah, that's true, but 6v6 with huge wide open spaces like in 64 would destroy all camping opportunities. Plus, you could always just make private games for a less hectic 2v2, you don't have to max everything out.

cool an MMO animal crossing I'm not a huge fan of the series but this may restore my love for non action games.

Next StarFox cool. I hope they still keep the on foot stuff though it was really fun to go in and out of vechicles. But at the same time more of the classic 64 style levels should be put in.

i freekin' HATE Animal Crossing, but Star Fox kicks ASS, and why does every one hate the on foot stuff from Assault? I liked it a lot. I think it felt like a Nintendo version of Battlefront.

wiiman14 said:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
Animal Crossing Finaly!!!!!
Wooot!!!!

That was I like to hear! (Assuming you're not being sarcastic) Animal Crossing is the man!

Back