Stauger Vs Vargen

Arnaud.

WiiChat Member
Apr 11, 2011
Mtl,Qc
Can anybody provide a good overall comparison of the two?

I mean, i see the "specs" in the loadouts.. but i feel like the stauger is better... Can someone enlighten me?

I've maxed out vargen, then went back to stauger, which feels like it fits more my style.

But i have this doubt, everytime i play with people who do have the vargen...

Can anybody provide a good overall comparison of the two?

I mean, i see the "specs" in the loadouts.. but i feel like the stauger is better... Can someone enlighten me?

I've maxed out vargen, then went back to stauger, which feels like it fits more my style.

But i have this doubt, everytime i play with people who do have the vargen...
Vargen is awesome at close range. If you hip fire the difference should be obvious to you. Vargen has a large clip and is simply a beast. It does have a barrel climb you have to watch out for. The Stauger is a great all around gun but lacks the power of the Vargen close up. So for Archives, Facility, maps with tunnels etc, you'll notice a difference. The Stauger is better at medium to far range though. I've made kills with the Stauger that are Terralite/Sniper worthy. I think the 2 guns fit nicely into 2 different play styles. Vargen/Hip-firing, Stauger/ADS. I used the Vargen more once I unlocked...after a bit of a struggle to tame it...

I use the Vargen on Archives, Docks, Nightclub, Facility, Sewer. I mainly use it with a Silencer but with that combination longer shots can be a pain as the sights are big and not very user friendly and can block out enemies at times when shooting at a farther distance, so I dont use the Vargen for longer shots unless I have it equiped with Sight Reflex or ACOG Scope which I dont do much since the gun isn't ment for long distance shots anyway.

I changed my Vargen for a Sigmus 9 & Stauger to mix it up and, yes. I've noticed a difference in point blank kills, I just wasn't getting them up in your face kills but still to far away to Melee. The Vargen holds it's own on medium length kills..... about the length of the Second floor hallway in Nightclub but I wouldn't go for any kills farther than that with it.

I like the Vargen some other people say different but they probably dont know how to use it or they are using it for the wrong reasons. Simply because I never had a problem with it and can really rack up kill streaks fast with it. I dont think it has to be significantly powerful gun for the fact that it pumps out ammo at such a fast rate which makes it so deadly.

Even though they are both classified as submachine guns they are complete opposits besides for the big clip sizes. Stauger is powerful but has a realitively slow fire rate. Power makes up for fire rate. Vargen is marginely powerful but makes up in shear fire power plus those 10 extra bullets if you aren't usuing the extended clip option is rather nice to have also if you find your self in a pinch.

Guns just come down to personal choice is all.

EDIT: Which I feel like also adding. I can't wait till I get the Multitask option. Paired up with a Vargen Spray and Pray and whichever Assult Rifle I feel like using should be a deadly combination :)

Last edited:
EDIT: Which I feel like also adding. I can't wait till I get the Multitask option. Paired up with a Vargen Spray and Pray and whichever Assult Rifle I feel like using should be a deadly combination :)

To test this out you can drop your pistol for a dropped terralite etc if you get the chance,
I find multitask kinda useless...

To test this out you can drop your pistol for a dropped terralite etc if you get the chance,

Oh ****, didn't know that. Never even though of trying that.

i like my kunara alot so multi-task is pointless to me.

imo stauger>vargen
terralite was my favorite till i got the strata. i never really got into the vargen. i don't like its aim down sights at all.

Really?! I mean, don't get me wrong, the Kunara is a fun gun, but having my Anova as primary and then my Terralite as a backup for when I run out of amo or need to make a long shot - priceless.

The Vargen is absolutely the superior weapon; the Stauger doesn't even compare to it. Use a laser with it and it's a beast. If you have the Vargen you also have the terralite. Use both of them; they each work better for a given situation than the Stauger does.

Thanks a bunch!

I've been wondering, ive talked about it in another thread, but i play with the classic pro controller. I play mainly ADS, as i find hip firing not that great with the controller. I mainly use it when in an awkward angle agaisnt an enemy that is close, but not close enough for melee.

I'd like to continue this thread, but add the ADS vs hip fire, on any gun/situation! I'd like to learn about different play styles and your opinions about it.

Its simple, i believe im a little better than average player, and i feel theres something i'm failing to grasp, that could make me lots better, even with the pro controller.

Thanks a bunch!

I've been wondering, ive talked about it in another thread, but i play with the classic pro controller. I play mainly ADS, as i find hip firing not that great with the controller. I mainly use it when in an awkward angle agaisnt an enemy that is close, but not close enough for melee.

I'd like to continue this thread, but add the ADS vs hip fire, on any gun/situation! I'd like to learn about different play styles and your opinions about it.

Its simple, i believe im a little better than average player, and i feel theres something i'm failing to grasp, that could make me lots better, even with the pro controller.

I also play with the Classic Controller Pro hence my name CCPro, and I am an above average player with it there are matches where I can get 20 something kills and 5 or less deaths. People say it sucks and it's not the real way to play but all i've ever used was PS1,2,3 controllers and it's what feels the most comfortable for me. I made a seperate account for the Wiimote and I got to level 9 and I gave up cause I never got better with the feel for the controls.

14,947 Kills 8,687 Deaths = 1.72 K/D Ratio at Level 36. Your stats are 9,839 Kills 6,782 Deaths = 1.45 K/D Ratio at Level 31. You have some catching up to do :) It's achevable. Using the Classic Controller Pro isn't as difficult as some people make it out to be. I have a 2:1 kill ratio about 70% of every match I play so my Kills are rising faster than my Deaths. I am hoping to get to a 2.00 K/D ratio.

You mention Hip Firing not very easy with the CCP. It can be if you're not using the proper gun for the job. I own hip fire with the Vargen and Stuager and also all the Shotguns, every other gun is a bit worse as I dont like to hip fire as much with anything else. Once the speed of my horizontal turning using ADS is matched with the speed of the enemy is running i'll hip fire, but if I can ADS faster than what the enemy is moving ill stick with ADS. It comes down to what feels comfortable and I have my controls at what I feel is to be perfect setup. Thats also a big performance aspect is how your controls are set up and what you can get use to with out it being to fast or slow.

You really cant get advice from anyone else unless they are using the CCP themselves cause I can put myself in your shoes and until I found a set up someone posted online my controls were kind of sluggish, but at that time I thought they were good. Once I changed them to what the guy had his at it took me a few matches to get used to it but once I did I will never changed them again.

Playing styles depends on the person if you are a hide and seek or up in your face run and gun player.... I am run and gun/melee guy. Catch enemies off guard and plow them with bullets or smack them with my gun lol. When you run and gun hip shot is the way to do it. I suggest using the vargen for that. When you have people camping in their usual camping grounds, I'll fly in around a corner and bomb/spray the hell out of the room with my Vargen.

Honestly it's the little thing's that can make you a better player, I have a few thing's I can brush up on some too. Practice makes perfect.... For most people.

Last edited:
I'm 1.46 now! haha:p My goal is to catch you up :p

Well, i've experienced a lot before hitting lvl 20, trying to find my gaming style and such, but i did it on my main account... In the last 50 games, the only games i got under 1,5 KDR are two i played with you(and volcarana:( ) and that cheater guy that i followed to piss him off.

Anyway, What i meant is if you compare with videos online of people using the wii mote, for exemple that video posted on this forum, you clearly see that run and gun with a wiimote is awesome.

I'd like to know how your settings are ! might help me a bit.
I'd like to know if you have your Snap on ? can you take it off? The fact that if you're aiming approximately on someone and then ADS it snaps onto him. Its annoying when theres more than one ennemy...

My style is the following: I either start with a rush, or pick up the sniper for my first life. Try to take out as many with it, then switch to run and gun.
But my run and gun style is different than most people, its a bit hard to explain lol.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know theres hope with the ccp, see ya online!

I'll post me exact control settings and a detailed reply tomorrow when I get online probably around late afternoon. right now it's bed time for me. ZzZzZzZz.

The thing with the Wiimote is that it's a beast for hipfire, but very difficult for ADS. You pretty much have to play with the ADS snap on if you want any chance of survival (I, admittedly, still use it).

Back