Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sterotyping Wii's Graphics

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Sovieto, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

Im sick of fanboys and people saying Wiis graphics suck, just cuase its the weakest out of the 3 dosent mean its bad, most people havent even seen GCN footage which is Wii's graphics, im sick of it, and expeissaly sony fanboys, last gen they had shitiest graphics with PS2 but not Wii dose and they think they have the right to rip on it!?

2. ZeLdA4LiFe

ZeLdA4LiFe @SoHugo17 FOLLOW ME? :)

wii's the best bottom line. the wii is out for the gamers and not for their money.

3. JCpackers05

JCpackers05 NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC

see because its the only thing other fan boys can rip on because its the only "negative" thing.....which in most part isnt even really bad

4. Lord Haku

Lord Haku I have returned

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I think the wii has rather good graphics I mean Twilight princess and Sonic look great plus Wii wasn't made for the bst graphics so it won't have them the ps3 was built for graphics so it has them better then anyone else

5. O D S T

O D S T WiiChat Member

when exactly did you write xbox 360 off?

And yes. The Wii should have significantly improved graphics over the GCN. I believe that at SD, the difference won't even be noticible between say the Wii and PS3. Standard Definition has a low ceiling. That's why HD was necessitated for other consoles who are obsessed with bringing the best graphics.

6. Lord Haku

Lord Haku I have returned

1234-1234-1234-1234
    Sorry dude but the ps3 cleary has better graphics a simple fact

7. sKin

sKin Bulls on Parade

Eh. A simple fact would be pushing it. I think the graphics in the Halo 3 trailer absolutely PWN anything i've seen out on the PS3. So let's just leave it as your opinoin.

And it all depends on how you look at it. To me one of the real meaning of next-gen is graphics, and when I saw Red Steel and Zelda: Twilight Princess for the first time on the Wii I was sorely disappointed. It looked like they didn't really attempt to update the GCN graphics... they just sorta adapted the games to the Wii controller which kinda sucks. But oh well, knowing Nintendo they'll have same really awesome games.

#7 sKin, Aug 25, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  8. O D S T

O D S T WiiChat Member

Sony drone. They don't even have a working PS3 model yet. Anything u've seen is Sony hype. Remember the emotion engine for PS2? 100 times more powerful than PS1? They r feeding you lies, and 'cause u're about 12, you just don't get it...

9. slurba

slurba WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3890-0148-4172-8586
    3890-0148-4172-8586
    Well, for a small price of $250 for a console is barely anything for pretty decent graphics and motion sensing.

I'd be fine with worse graphics and still motion sensing.

And really, if graphics are sooooo important, then how come thousands of people still enjoy OoT?

GAMEPLAY.

10. netrat

netrat WiiChat Member

Wii is heading in the right direction, although we know the graphics "specs" isn't as advance as Sony's or MS's consoles, it does have it's pros.

I can't remember how long, probably when 3d games started becoming popular and graphic chip giants ATi/NVidia starts making better 3d cards... when 3dfx went down drain. Games been too concentrated on nice graphics. The great gameplay found on things like the NES or SNES... w/e console's lost. People became to busy looking at crazy gfx that the gameplay completely went down the drain. And of course why wouldn't it? Developement cost goes up as game complexity continues to increase. Complexity just increase more with the nice visuals, balancing money and developement - nice graphics SELLS, leaving gameplay dry.

I for one probably fell into this category once, but I think after so much nice effects, I want gameplay back.

11. nintendo lover

nintendo lover WiiChat Member

Well, I think that the Wii has exellent graphics. Not everything is about graphics it is also about gameplay. If a game has the best graphics of all but it is boring then people will not like it even if it has the best graphics.

12. King Wiired

King Wiired HITLER ME JEZ

Wii Friend Code: 8756-4872-6334-8478
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Welll i've loved all the graphics for Wii so far.. just coz PS3's gonna have better graphics doesn't mean Wii hasn't got good graphics... and no I ain't hatin on PS3 what-so-ever, only thing I hate on PS3 is the price

13. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

I'm not bothered by the Wii's graphics. They're not as detailed as on the PS3, but they don't need to be, because in some games they're still rather nice in an artistic way. You could think of it as comparing a painting to a photograph- a photograph will obviously be far more detailed than a painting could ever be, but both can be considered artistic when done right.

14. +Maniacal=Maniac+

+Maniacal=Maniac+ Am I Losing Friends?

Wii Friend Code: 4516-7863-9846-6018
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    Amen Brother! I DOnt Really Like Those Fancy Shmancy Systems... Too Many Buttons, Too Many Things To De-Bug, Etc.

15. d3zm0nd

d3zm0nd WiiChat Member

beautifully said.
    anyway, think about it, the PS3 and xBox are just the same old same old, with better graphics. the wii is something completely new and once people realise that, they won't give a damn about the graphics

16. Arcadium

Arcadium Not Banned

Wii Friend Code: 6980-3796-3948-8393
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    "Graphics are not what count what count is to be on the game"

Am I a filosopher?

17. DarkDepths

DarkDepths WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 7061-0622-1076-8579
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    Nope! You aren't.

I figure that as long as the graphics I get are better than the graphics I had, then win win! I had a gamecube. Wii's graphics will be better than gamecubes so I am happy.

I dont want the best, I just want better.

18. Diomedes

Diomedes WiiChat Member

1234-1234-1234-1234
    better is always the trend, everyone wants the better stuff, which is why the ps3 is very popular and the wii isnt.
    Not that im saying the wii is crap, the ps3 of course is the most technoligically advanced of the 3, as most people view, the better
    (i actually believe the wii is quite advanced in tecnology with the motion sensors, downloading and all of those cool features.)

19. DarkDepths

DarkDepths WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 7061-0622-1076-8579
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    Ya! All the cool stuff really makes up for the fact that it doesnt have the best graphics. But hey... its got better graphics!

20. pmarc22

pmarc22 You can't resist it...

You're taking this all wrong. This is talking about the Wii graphics. Wii is NOT next gen. It is NEW gen, and that's what makes it different.
    *edit* Nintendo is trying MORE for gameplay and getting a new crowd into video games. They aren't trying to have the best graphics.

I think the Wii's graphics as is are fine. I don't think graphics should be a huge factor. I mean what's a game that lets you watch this highly textured bush in HD? and maybe you're a real-looking caterpillar squirming on one of its leaves? Although that concept DOES have potential (haha that would be an odd game), I would rather have a good looking game, maybe not the best looking but overly exceptional, that has an awesome story and has characters that make you want to keep playing (even though a caterpillar is wicked sweet). I cannot wait to have the wiimote in my hand slashing my sword in Red Steel or shooting my bow in TP.

#20 pmarc22, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2006