Sterotyping Wii's Graphics

Nope! You aren't.

I figure that as long as the graphics I get are better than the graphics I had, then win win! I had a gamecube. Wii's graphics will be better than gamecubes so I am happy.

I dont want the best, I just want better.

better is always the trend, everyone wants the better stuff, which is why the ps3 is very popular and the wii isnt.
Not that im saying the wii is crap, the ps3 of course is the most technoligically advanced of the 3, as most people view, the better
(i actually believe the wii is quite advanced in tecnology with the motion sensors, downloading and all of those cool features.)

Ya! All the cool stuff really makes up for the fact that it doesnt have the best graphics. But hey... its got better graphics!

sKin said:
To me one of the real meaning of next-gen is graphics, and when I saw Red Steel and Zelda: Twilight Princess for the first time on the Wii I was sorely disappointed.

You're taking this all wrong. This is talking about the Wii graphics. Wii is NOT next gen. It is NEW gen, and that's what makes it different.
*edit* Nintendo is trying MORE for gameplay and getting a new crowd into video games. They aren't trying to have the best graphics.

I think the Wii's graphics as is are fine. I don't think graphics should be a huge factor. I mean what's a game that lets you watch this highly textured bush in HD? and maybe you're a real-looking caterpillar squirming on one of its leaves? Although that concept DOES have potential (haha that would be an odd game), I would rather have a good looking game, maybe not the best looking but overly exceptional, that has an awesome story and has characters that make you want to keep playing (even though a caterpillar is wicked sweet). I cannot wait to have the wiimote in my hand slashing my sword in Red Steel or shooting my bow in TP.

Last edited:
O D S T said:
Sony drone. They don't even have a working PS3 model yet. Anything u've seen is Sony hype. Remember the emotion engine for PS2? 100 times more powerful than PS1? They r feeding you lies, and 'cause u're about 12, you just don't get it...

Lord Haku is 12?

Graphics do matter but only to a certain extent. I reckon that gameplay is the only thing but I remember reading somewhere on this site about someone posting sometihng very valid : "Dont say graphics dont count cause imagine playing the wii with NES graphics"

I'm not saying they don't count. Not at all. I'm just saying that the focus of the Wii mainly isn't on graphics but is on gameplay.

pmarc22 said:
You're taking this all wrong. This is talking about the Wii graphics. Wii is NOT next gen. It is NEW gen, and that's what makes it different.

:confused:

Next-Gen consoles are consoles that come after the Current-Gen cycle, so by defintion the Wii is a NEXT-GEN console. I'm not sure where you are getting all this "New-Gen" jazz, but just because Wii has a different controller doesn't make it any more "newer" than the PS3 or the 360. What was the difference between the GCN and the N64? Better graphics. What was the difference between the N64 and Snes? Better graphics. As the generations come and go graphics have gotten better and better, and when I first saw the Wii running at E3, sporting current-gen graphics, I admit I was dissapointed. But once again they were running off a demo-wii at E3, so the graphics are pretty gonna be TONS better than what we have seen so far.

sKin said:
:confused:
I'm not sure where you are getting all this "New-Gen" jazz

It's not saying that it isn't "next" gen by definition. It's just the termanology used in some Nintendo speeches. That is where the 'jazz' comes from. Hehe. 'Jazz'.

who cares if the graphics suck just as long as the wii comes out and theres no bugs or problems with it that they would have to recall them to be fixed. i love the wii

I would care if the graphics sucked. That would be horrible. Sure, the game could be fun... but what if you get sores just looking at it!

Back