Stevie Wonder proposes: video games accessible for disabled

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to wii.qj.net Stevie Wonder is thinking on making video games, dunno what platform...

Let's take a break from all the video game trailers we've been getting from the VGA 2009 and pause to consider Stevie Wonder's plea to the gaming community: make games accessible to disabled people like himself. The Motown Legend was at the Video Game Awards 2009 to present the award for the Best Music Game of the year, which rightly went to The Beatles: Rock Band. But in his introduction for the award, he not only made praise of how music games have made music much more accessible to younger generations, he also gave highlight to an issue that has yet to be truly addressed by the community.

virtual_reality.jpg
Something like this, maybe?

Video games for the disabled. That's a noble idea. And it's probably not all too impossible too, what with the new technology coming out for video games. Am sure the geniuses of the industry can cook something up for them, right? What do you guys think?

Stevie Wonder is a world renowned singer/ songwriter/ musician, despite his blindness
heres the link http://www.thelostgamer.com/2009/12/13/stevie-wonder-pleads-for-disabled-accessiblity/

Last edited:
depends on how you're disabled.
if your deaf you can still play games.
if you're stuck in a wheelchair, you can still play.
but if a person is blind or they can't use thier hands, i don't think its possible for them.

...what?

I thought that all Stevie Wonder was trying to say was that music has become more accessible thanks to video games.

When I heard this I thought of Wii Music. I think that is about the only game that a blind person could have any success with.

I think that the Wii could actually produce something that would be playable by blind people, just because it could use basic directions and sounds easier than the other consoles.

Edit: IGN would no doubt complain that the blind persons game wasn't in HD though.

Accessibily Lists

The entire right side of my body is partially paralyzed and my right hand is totally paralyzed. My physical therapist recommended getting a Wii and WiiFit to help with my therapy. I got it, and it's great, but often there is not enough information about various games accessibility. This is a part of a more general trend: detailed information on many products is difficult to find.

So a list of games with detailed information about accessibility would be a great boon. Is anyone aware of such a thing? If not, anyone care to help me develop such a thing?

Back