Still not quite sure???

sgllocal

Banned
Jan 6, 2007
Bristol, UK
ok guys sorry about this but i need someone to explain this to me. its about connecting wii to internet. im from uk. i am on aol bband (cable not wireless). now what else do i need to connect wii to intenet? i have bought the wii adapter. is that all i need? how does it work? like where do i connect it and how do i run it to work online. i plug the adapter into the the usb port on wii yes? then what do i do? if sopme from uk and who has cable could maybe help me here that would be great.. also do i need a router to? or can i connect with what i have now?

easy tiger, slow down.

you say you have the usb adapter, by that im guessing you mean the nintendo wi-fi adapter? that goes in your pc, it acts as a wireless transciever that your wii can connect to.

the wii already has wireless capabilty, so using this adapter allows it to connect to your pc, and therefore your internet connection.

does that clear things up a bit?

yeh sorry i should have said lol. i have bought the wii lan adapter. how does this work? do i need anything else other than that?

If you arent using a router just unplug the cable from your pc and put it into lan adapter. Make sure the connection type is set to wired in your wii settings, just leave the rest on auto.

If auto doesnt work (it probably wont) then just put the settings on manual, and key in the exact same settings that you use on your pc, which can be gotten by going to start->run->cmd and then type ipconfig /all. (while you have the internet plugged into your pc)

Back