Still not workin!

Bensta

Bennyfieldz
Jun 26, 2007
hey ive recently got a wireless wi-fi usb connector and the first time i set it up it worked fine and i was able to download internet channel and updates. Since then ive constantly been able to use it once more, ive tried changing internet and router settings, the lot but cant figure out why it can work one time and stop another time.
Ive looked all over the net for something to fix it but have been unsucessful.
Please help!

Yea i am but i read somewhere that you can alter the router settings aswell. Ive even got the wii right next to the computer and still not picking up any signal. Just getting really frustrated with it damn it! lol

Bensta said:
Yea i am but i read somewhere that you can alter the router settings aswell. Ive even got the wii right next to the computer and still not picking up any signal. Just getting really frustrated with it damn it! lol
i'm also confused.

why are you using a wireless USB adaptor and a router?

is your router wireless?

are you connecting the USB to a pc which is connected to a router?

i think it'd be best if you listed what equipment you have and also it's
wired & wireless capabilities, then, we might be able to help you with your
problem.

There is no need for the Wifi USB adapter if you have a compatible wireless router (the Wii has wireless capability itself, no adapter necessary there). If using a Wifi USB adapter, hook it to a USB port on your PC and follow the setup (surely you already had to do this if it was working before). THERE IS NO NEED FOR BOTH, maybe this is the problem. Also, maybe try deleting and reinstalling the software for the USB device. or unplugging your router and replugging it. If you have a lan (wired adapter), just try plugging the ethernet directly into your modem WITHOUT using the router at all (after unpugging it for a few seconds to reset any stored isp settings). Just a few suggestions.

Last edited:
Bensta, I had the same problem. Worked fine at 1st then suddenly stopped connecting although when testing connection or trying to access a web based channel on Wii, the "a user has connected to the internet" message would come up from the task tray USB icon.
I found it would become hit and miss when it would connect, after restarting either PC/Wii or both. So I just started uninstalling the USB connector and reinstalling it, which solved the problem temporarily.

Later I discovered the Windows Firewall had some role in the interuption of my connection because when switched off I could connect 100% of the time, switch it on n no connection, back off n im reconnected. Now I got my Livebox though I've connected my Wii through that and I dont need to plug in/out anything anymore, just switch on Wii and go straight into Shop or Internet Channel.

So as others have said in here just use your router, although like me you will probably feel like you wasted your money getting the USB connector. But for me I got Wii on release day and wanted to update my system ASAP so I've had my USB connector long before I even thought I would be getting a Livebox.

Back