Storage

StevenNevets

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Hey how does Wii go about storage?

Does it save on game disks, hard drives, memory cards, or what?

I only plan on buying 4 games soonish (in sig)... would I be fine without buying extras or should I?

Wii has 512MB of internal storage for games saves. If you need more than that, you can buy an SD memory card (Nintendo will probably come out with their brand of SD cards), which will let you store additional things like pictures, videos, music, and more game saves. Wii also has two USB 2.0 ports on the back which will probably be able to be used to connect either a USB flash drive or hard drive, which would be outstanding, allowing almost limitless storage.

You probably won't need more than the internal 512MB for the game saves of the games you are getting, though.

NateTheGreat said:
You probably won't need more than the internal 512MB for the game saves of the games you are getting, though.
that's good.

But could I get a link to a budget card (good card around $40)

The internal flash (512mb) is a lot of space. In the latest IGN weekly, i think i saw 1000+ blocks of memory in the flash. Not sure how many blocks a game save takes though.

StevenNevets said:
Would this to the trick?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220074

My 2GB patriot RAM kit does great, so...
Nice find, a really good deal. That'd be great for a digial camera, but for saved Wii games, a small card should do quite nicely (I think the only reason you'll need an SD card at all besides for pictures is if you want to be able to move your saved games from one console to another, there is plenty of internal storage). Still a really good buy, and most SD cards are all the same on the inside, regardless of the brand name.

a wii game doesn't take hardly any space (legend of zelda takes 1 block) it's the VC games that take a bit (gunstar heroes takes 31 blocks i think):)

Back