Strange bug I-m having with VC titles

Cernex

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2010
Monterrey
So, here's an interesting problem: I was trying to play some VC games some days ago when all of a sudden, on both the Classic controler and the Wii-mote, some games won't recognize the buttons at all. I know this is a bit hard to understand, but here are the current examples I have:

Button x doesn't work on Art of Fighting and King of Fighters, not to mention special attacks don't work either, on SNES Street Fighter 2 Turbo, button y won't work although it does recognizes special moves, on Mario Bros (NES) the start button won't work and in Ninja Gaiden (NES too) the start button DOES works, as the jump button, but the attack button doesn't... the strangest thing, though, is that the jump commande doesn't works when climbing walls... all of this applies to Wii-mote too, when it comes to Neo-Geo and NES emulation.

Take in account my Wii ain't modded, so its not a simple "button mapping" thing. And, although most people would say that my controls may have some physical damage of sorts, the bizarre thing is that this only applies to WiiWare (since Final Fantasy: My Life as a King has the same "buttons not working" issues) and VC games: standard Wii games, like Cooking Mama and Puzzle Quest don't have this problem at all: all buttons work just fine.

So... any ideas?

seems like a qawinkadink that, thats the only game that works maybe your wiimote nunchuck port has somthing loose or malfunctioning.

seems like a qawinkadink that, thats the only game that works maybe your wiimote nunchuck port has somthing loose or malfunctioning.

Doesn't explain why the pause button ( "+") on the Wii-mote itself goes unrecognized by NES' Mario Bros.

El Cernex

Ok, quick update:

Just tested the nunchuk (played around 3 hours of Splinter Cell: Double Agent) and... it works just fine...

At this point, I have no idea of what's going on with my VC and Wiiware titles...

El Cernex

Back