strange control problem with Genesis VC games

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
Today i downloaded Ristar ,and Beyond Oasis. I played them both for a few hours then came back to them later. It was then i noticed a quite annoying problem. I first discovered it Ristar everytime i tried to use loopbars it would throw me off like i let go of the button when i didn't. Then i notice when i held any of the buttons in jump ,or attack Ristar would constantly do those functions like the controls were in a rapid mode. i thought maybe it was just Ristar so i tried it in Beyond Oasis (a game where certain things have to be done by holding down a button) Now i noticed when i held down the button that ducked as well as jumped instead of holding would just duck it would make him duck then jump as if it was held down then pushed again.

So i decieded to try some SNES ,and TG games to see if it did it there. No problems in those games. Just the Genesis ones. So i tried everything from disconnecting ,and reconnecting the wiimote to using the wiimote only instead of the classic controller. i even tried my other wiimote. Still the problem was there. I even shut down the system ,and turned it back on. Restarted the system as well as took the batteries out of the remote ,and put them back in. No change. Oddly enough the problem goes away when using my Wavebird. I don't have the problem with the Wavebird. Although i don't want to ,nor should i have to only use my wavebird. So i don't understand what the problem is.

Has anyone else experinced this ,or is it just me.

Sad to say, just you. Well maybe others are having the problem, but I'm not. I don't have Ristar or Beyond Oasis, but I do have Ecco and have no problems with the button holding.

strangely enough the problem stopped after i redownloaded ristar. its strange it was happening to all my genesis games ,and mario 64 i dont get it. at least its fixed now

Back