Strange Lucario Homerun

FIREBRO101

FIREBRO101
Jan 13, 2008
USA,WI.
Wii Online Code
7299-1814-0526-8493
While using characters in the homerun contest i used lucario to try and get a good score. I didnt see that i picked up the bat and i forward samshed. I thought that it would break thought the barrier like the other character's bats would but instead it remained in the platform.
Using this before i attack with anything else has helped my score grow.

Can anyone else try this so i know it is not just my game acting strange?

If your first attack is the forward smash the glass shouldn't break. The glass takes some "wearing down" before the bag goes flying through it.

So the reason your other characters are able to get it through is probably because of two things:
1) You had already weakened the glass prior to smashing it with your other characters.
2) You smashed the bag when the timer was at 1 (the glass completely disappears when the timer is at 1 allowing you to smash the bag).

It's nothing out of the ordinary.

Nah. If you HR smash as your first hit on the bag it'll bounce off the walls like 3 times (resembling Pong). I've done it. I meant HR smash when I said forward smash.

^Yea. It helps that Lucario isn't terribly strong... at least at 0%.

JKill09 said:
If your first attack is the forward smash the glass shouldn't break. The glass takes some "wearing down" before the bag goes flying through it.

So the reason your other characters are able to get it through is probably because of two things:
1) You had already weakened the glass prior to smashing it with your other characters.
2) You smashed the bag when the timer was at 1 (the glass completely disappears when the timer is at 1 allowing you to smash the bag).

It's nothing out of the ordinary.
Oh! I didnt know #2

balrogs.pa said:
no it IS out of the ordinary, home run = Auto glass break.
thats what he did, not forward smash (Well technically he did but with the home run bat)
...no

I've found that the barrier's breaking depends on both how much you've already damaged it and how close you are to it when the bag hits it.

If you make the first thing you do a homerun swing, the glass will not break. Unless you are incredibly talented at homerun contest, this should probably be your first move for every single character, seeing as how it does 31% damage and the bag flies right beside you afterward, setting you up for your second attack.

fertogo said:
Oh! I didnt know #2

Yea :lol: . I used that little 'trick' to get 0.1 in the HR contest (pointless, but fun nonetheless).

the more times u hit the bag thing before time and then hit it the further it will go like damage done during brawl the more damage u have the more likely u will go flying

I found that you can actually hit the bag twice with the homerun bat and the glass won't break. I tried this with Dedede, Ganondorf, and Jigglypuff and it worked for all of them. Just start winding up and time it so you hit the bag right about when it stops moving after the first hit(it should land right in front of you).

I tried the trick with a friend where u use two lucas's and use his down a move where he swings his leg around....got a good 3500 ft...made me proud :)

Hey ynow how lucario get like super strong when he is hurt would it work if u got like a meta knight or a kirby in team home run to like use their repeated neutural a attk on him or maybe even gannondorf or can't u hit each other.

if not what about hitting himself with the bat
no actually 2 lucarios both throwing bats upward and racking up dmg

Yeh id try it but i lent game to friend and he suspiciously went on holiday.....

Back