“Street Fighter IV Could Potentially Come To Wii”

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Producer hints at a possible Nintendo version

Capcom’s forthcoming 3D ‘reboot’ of the Street Fighter series may be dividing opinion all over the globe thanks to its unique visual style but producer Yoshinori Ono is confident the end product will be a success and commented that in his opinion the game could ‘potentially’ arrive on the Wii.

Speaking at the GDC last week, Ono said:

Street Fighter IV, as it stands now, would be well-suited for the higher-level platforms. But the game doesn't have to have these visuals in order to be fun.

We could go, potentially, to the Wii. We could make it on Game Boy, for all we know right now. As long as the rules are the same, that can be independent of the visuals. So we're not going to be limited by any hardware specs; we're going to aim as wide as possible.

You could have a gold-inlaid board, knights with diamonds in their eyes. Or you could just draw a grid on a piece of paper and use cheap plastic pieces. And you're having the same amount of fun.

While we’re obviously taking the Gameboy comment with a pinch of salt, Ono’s remarks are quite revealing and with the Wii proving to be such a massive force worldwide it would certainly make excellent business sense for Capcom to at least investigate the possibility of a Wii port.

Street Fighter IV is yet to be confirmed for home release but Ono’s other comments at GDC about adding more characters to any domestic releases is a pretty sure pointer to the game hitting one (or more) of the major next-gen platforms at some juncture.

i hope it comes . linkage

Capcoms just being lazy with the Wii. If Goldeneye was possible on the N64. Then ANY damn street fighter is possible for the Wii. But lately it seems like Capcom is just being so lazy with the Wii.

well, if it's about to come, and let you use game cube controller, it's better to stay where it is... :p

if it's coming, it's only because of the cool controls, if they figure out how to fit nice controls on a wii version... :p

Why do people buy a Wii and hope for Gamecube controller compatibility??

Because some games may not work well with motion controls. If I had to swing my way though a Street Fighter battle I'd be tired in 5 minutes :lol:

What?!?! I thought the Wii Remote and Nunchuck had buttons?? Now I'm really confused:scared:

Caliko said:
What?!?! I thought the Wii Remote and Nunchuck had buttons?? Now I'm really confused:scared:

Well of course they do.
But Gamecube controller has more is what they are saying.

If this game comes thats great, I won't be too mad if it doesn't though.

What I'm saying is that Wii is the future. Why in the hell are gamers willing to take a step back?? I just don't understand. 5 buttons plus motion control is more than enough for street fighter.

For 2 player, I wonder what kind of move is generated if I throw the wiimote at the other person's head or swung the nunchuck over my head a few times and then smacked the other person? A Dragon Punch? Fireball? :)

I'm fine. I'll wait for the super street fighter 4 hyper mega HD remix force edition.

I'm all for that, and although it may not be needed for the acctual fighting part of the game the motion controls could eaisly be intergrated for jump features and some of the power moves, really all you would do is replace the R and L buttons with motion controls of wii-mote/nunchuck.

I agree we have far to many gamers not willing to "adapt" to the new controller idea. They probably don't want to waste decades of prem-o button mashing training.. ha ha

So your little sister can "waggle" better than you, get over it and practice otherwise stop crying whena 12 year old hands you your arse. ha ha.

It's like Mario Kart but on a huge scale now. :lol: :lol:

wezeles said:
I'm all for that, and although it may not be needed for the acctual fighting part of the game the motion controls could eaisly be intergrated for jump features and some of the power moves, really all you would do is replace the R and L buttons with motion controls of wii-mote/nunchuck.

I agree we have far to many gamers not willing to "adapt" to the new controller idea. They probably don't want to waste decades of prem-o button mashing training.. ha ha

So your little sister can "waggle" better than you, get over it and practice otherwise stop crying whena 12 year old hands you your arse. ha ha.

It's like Mario Kart but on a huge scale now. :lol: :lol:

good points man, mortal kombat armaggedon had motion controls for most part and that turned out good.

ps wezels, just post something thats less than 2 sentances and ill believe that
the God exists. just kidding:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back