Strikers and Paper Mario will not play....

jserrano

WiiChat Member
Sep 25, 2007
Greetings everyone!
We've had our Wii for a couple months now but yesterday I ran into a huge problem. Took advantage of the TRU Buy 2 Get 1 free deal and got MP8, MP3:C, and MSC. Well...Strikers Charged will not play! It goes to the Start screen, I select start and it kicks back out to the Wii Menu. That is as far as it will go. Took the game back today and the new copy is doing the same thing!! I tried our other games and they played fine. When I put SPM in....the same thing happened to this game as well!!! It's worked fine since we got it! Not sure what is going on. I have no Mod Chips and am at Update 3.0U. Is my Wii bricked?? How did this happen? Has anyone else ever experienced this? Does this have something to do with the whole NTSC vs PAL thing? Any help is extremely appreciated!!!!!

Since you mention NTSC vs. PAL, does that mean your Wii is not from your local region? If so, that could be the problem. The Wii games are region locked. If you have a European Wii, it won't play North American games, or the other way around.

If that's not the case, then something may be wrong with your Wii and you should call Nintendo.

No, actually our Wii was purchased from our local Wal-Mart. So its from North America. From the googling and browsing I did, I saw that many of the users with bricked Wii's had done the Strikers update and it bricked their console. I only brought that up (NTSC vs PAL) because that is what I had read. I called Nintendo and they said to ship the Wii out to them along with the games? Wow, that's pretty lame. Has anyone else had any issues with certain games playing then stop working? This has never happened to me on any console before. Thanks in advance.

hiya,

this exact same thing happened 2 me about a month ago.

my wii would play zelda, wii sports red steel abd monkey ball. but when ever i tried mario sc or RE4 it would go onto option of wii menu or start i clicked start, it would go black thn the black screen with all he little white boxes saying wii came up and it returned to mai menu.
i started to panic.
next day though it was fine working perfect.

i noticed only the games relesed on luanch worked and all others did not.

anyway my wii has worked fine rever since.;
;

so ii suggest you leave it a day or 2, and f it still dont work call nintendo,

my wii is original n unmodified. all my equuipment iss pal

if i helped plz rep

Okay, waited a few days and same thing. The games still wont play. I hear the disc to spin and then when you push start, you hear it stop, but only for these two games!!! Metroid, MP8, Wii Play and Sports all work still!!! Its driving me nuts. My poor sons dying to play Strikers!

Back