Strikers Charged Region Specific Online Play

It has its ups and downs. Less lag is a very good thing. But what if u have a friend that isn't in your region...you can never play with them..Oh well. Atleast FC's are not needed.

If nintendo don't get online right it could be there downfall, and so far it doesn't look to promising :frown2:

For those of you who don't now (See people above) Nintendo Wi-Fi is amazing on DS don't expect them to dull it down for their home console

ONM: Mario Strikers Charged is the first wifi game for the Wii in the UK. Has that put pressure on you to get it right?

MI: (Mike Inglehart, Next Level Games): Our main goal is to ensure a quality gameplay experience so we’ve had to make a lot of design choices that all us to deliver that. We’ve never had to compromise anything that’s limited our wifi feature set; this game is about multiplayer and thats’s been our focus from the beginning.

ONM: Will we be able to play people from all over the world or are we limited to specific regions?

MI: Wifi in Mario Strikers Charged is region specific so we can ensure a quality gameplay experience. The game is very twitch based and reactive, so it’s important for us to keep lag to a minimum.

So, for waa_waa to clear things up: Mario Strikers Charged will be EU's first online Wii game, releasing on May 25th (mark your calendars guys). Random matches will be Region Specific. What's that mean? Well it means if you choose to play against a random person you will be paired up with someone in your region, a broad region I may add (for instance, if you live in New York your region is “limited” to North America), so don't worry about shortages of people. However, If you choose to play a specific person you can enter their friend code and play against them no matter where they are.

Also it's just Mario Strikers Charged that's region locked not all online games and that clears up the friend code thing you only need them to play specific people

i read in an article that wat they mean by region specific is that u can only play with people in ur region w/o the use of ffriend codes. wat this means is that someone in New York could play with anyone else in the USA. the only thing is that to play someone in australia or europe u would need their friend code (the console code; we wont have game specific friend codes itll all be based upon our console numbers). thats how itll all work.

minismok said:
i read in an article that wat they mean by region specific is that u can only play with people in ur region w/o the use of ffriend codes. wat this means is that someone in New York could play with anyone else in the USA. the only thing is that to play someone in australia or europe u would need their friend code (the console code; we wont have game specific friend codes itll all be based upon our console numbers). thats how itll all work.

Yea i read up that when they give 3rd party programmers the kit for online gaming, they will lift the friend code ban for certain games.

I will try and find the link

So, for waa_waa to clear things up: Mario Strikers Charged will be EU's first online Wii game, releasing on May 25th (mark your calendars guys). Random matches will be Region Specific. What's that mean? Well it means if you choose to play against a random person you will be paired up with someone in your region, a broad region I may add (for instance, if you live in New York your region is “limited” to North America), so don't worry about shortages of people. However, If you choose to play a specific person you can enter their friend code and play against them no matter where they are.

Sounds good to me!

But I'm pretty sure I'm misunderstanding it.

Trulen said:
Sounds good to me!

But I'm pretty sure I'm misunderstanding it.
Let's see if I can make some sense of it for you Trulen.

If you connect to the wi-fi network, and you just choose to play a random person, that person will be in your region. i.e. if you are in the US, then the person you play will be in the US etc.

If you have someones friend code, which I dont believe will be universal for your console and all wifi games. Here's why:
mariostrikers_online1.jpg

So you add someones Strikers friend code from anywhere on the globe, and then you can play them.

So if you want to play someone from Australia when you are in the US, then you would have to have their friend code added to do so.

Does that help?

Oceanic said:
Let's see if I can make some sense of it for you Trulen.

If you connect to the wi-fi network, and you just choose to play a random person, that person will be in your region. i.e. if you are in the US, then the person you play will be in the US etc.

If you have someones friend code, which I dont believe will be universal for your console and all wifi games. Here's why:
mariostrikers_online1.jpg

So you add someones Strikers friend code from anywhere on the globe, and then you can play them.

So if you want to play someone from Australia when you are in the US, then you would have to have their friend code added to do so.

Does that help?

the friend code comes from ur console. u dont take it from the games, u take it from the console. if u have someone from maybe australia and u live in europe then u have to hhave their console number not the friend code of a game. we really dont have friend codes anymore. they r console codes now.

Smart. Are there going to be player-hosted servers like other online games? Would that meen kicking, banning, round time, ect could all be options for the admins?

Sounds good to a point but then smaller regions might not have as many people to play.

minismok said:
the friend code comes from ur console. u dont take it from the games, u take it from the console. if u have someone from maybe australia and u live in europe then u have to hhave their console number not the friend code of a game. we really dont have friend codes anymore. they r console codes now.

Look at that screen shot again. The friend code you enter there is 12 digits. Regular Wii console codes are 16 digits.

Back