Strikers sensor problem on widescreen HD TV

draugen

WiiChat Member
Jun 26, 2007
Hello there...

Been lurking for a while on this site, thought it was time to register and join the community :smilewinkgrin:

I'm just wondering how many of you play Strikers Charged on a widescreen tv?

I've been playing it for some time on my old 14" 4x3 tv without problems... Just the other day I bought a new 32" 16x9 widescreen HD-ready tv (big jump in size!). Playing Strikers on it, the picture is in widescreen and it looks great, but the problem is the sensor bar doesn't seem to have adjusted to the wider format (even though I've changed the settings in the Wii menu).

During regular play I don't notice it so much, but when I defend against megastrikes I have to point the wiimote towards the floor (the game doesn't realise that the sensor bar is now below the telly) and more importantly: The sensitivity of the remote is different horizontally to vertically... :yikes:

This might not seem such a big deal, but it messes up my play... I lost 3-9 the other day conceding 8 megastrike goals, and I consider myself pretty experienced in Strikers by now.

I really can't be asked to re-learn to save megastrikes... so I have switched back to 4x3 now and that solves the problem (although I still have to point the remote towards the floor rather than the screen). Just p**ses me off that I can't use the full screen on my shiny new TV. (rant over)

Anyone else know anything about this?

Try changing your sensor bar position and or your sensor bar sensitivity in the wii settings. I cant really help that much since i cant see your settings/setup but i have no issues playing on a widescreen tv so you must be doing something wrong ;)

Back