Stuck acceleromoeter

OmegaForte

Pain in the ass.
Aug 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
1862-1014-7263-2520
I don't know when this started happening, but I just noticed it two days ago. At a perfectly level attitude, the wii cursor is 9-12 degrees off of neutral zero. Is this common and or fixable without me taking the blasted thing appart?

Smack the wiimote against your hand a few times. Honestly, this has been known to unstick the accelerometers.

In which direction? Either way upsets the attitude further.

Edit:// Nevermind, it was my fault. Case closed.

OmegaForte said:
I don't know when this started happening, but I just noticed it two days ago. At a perfectly level attitude, the wii cursor is 9-12 degrees off of neutral zero. Is this common and or fixable without me taking the blasted thing appart?

The onscreen cursor has nothing to do with the accelerometers.

Oh so the orientation that it shows, rotating from 0 to 360 from any direction has nothing to do with the Y accelerometer?

The onscreen pointer doesnt correspond with the accelerometer. The accelerometer senses motion.

The sensors can detect rotating and tilt, but the pointer itself, including it's rotation is done through the infrared lights emitted by the sensor bar. You can see how it does this by going to the sensor sensitivity screen in the settings menu. It will show what the remote is "seeing" - basically two dots being emitted from the sensor bar. If you point it at an open window or other infrared sources you may see all sorts of weird dots of varying sizes.

Back