stuck pixel

stu

wii owner
May 26, 2006
London,UK
Wii Online Code
4982-9370-5014-0207
hi i have a pixel on my screen i can only see it when there is a black screen its a little blue pixel

is there anyway to get rid of it ( the pixel is on my tv not my monitor)

Dead pixel on your TV? Nothing you can do but contact the manufacturer. Most manufacturers' warranties don't cover single pixels, they require a certain percentage to be bad.

There's nothing you can do. Just like mym6 said, many (read "all") manufacturers don't consider small amounts of dead pixels to be a problem and don't cover anything less than extensive damage in their warranties.

This happens with LCD's, not tubes. "Tube" TV's are CRT. Plasmas can also suffer from stuck or dead pixels.

Highly recommend NOT doing that lol. But yah, you crt haters out there, it is lcd's/whatnot that suffer from this the most. Remember all the DS's doing that?

Have you tried massaging around the stuck pixel? Also if you can hook your computer up to it there is a program that just flashes a bunch of colors really fast and can help fix stuck pixels. Some times they will unstick on their own but that could take a while and it could never happen too.

surfinrach90 said:
At least you can only see it when the screens black :thumbsup:

Seriously, I have 4 friggin visible white pixels flashing whenever I go to different channels. I'm not sure if it's the Wii or the DVD players fault I use to get the Wii to appear on the tv, but atleast it's usually invisible except when I play Wii Sports.

It's not nearly as bad as having a lit pixel on my DSlite though, I've had one huge ass lit green pixel since I got the thing from Japan last year and it annoys the hell out of to this day.

Back