Stupid question, I know...

kapeman

WiiChat Member
May 8, 2007
Is it possible to have a two player game where one player controls one team and the other player the other team locally, i.e. not using WiFi?

I can't find the answer to this seemingly simple question anywhere (I have done a search and checked the manual).

I know you can have 2 or 4 players via WiFi.

Thanks!

If I understand your question correctly, and I'm hoping I do or else I'm about to sound really stupid, but you want to know how to get 2 player head-to-head game going? If that's the case, go into Versus from the main menu, have your friend select one team, and you select the other. After you choose sidekicks, there will be a screen that says "Home" and "Away." You point your Wii mote's at those boxes and drop one in each box, and you're ready to go.

Croswenthy said:
If I understand your question correctly, and I'm hoping I do or else I'm about to sound really stupid, but you want to know how to get 2 player head-to-head game going? If that's the case, go into Versus from the main menu, have your friend select one team, and you select the other. After you choose sidekicks, there will be a screen that says "Home" and "Away." You point your Wii mote's at those boxes and drop one in each box, and you're ready to go.

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

THANK YOU!

Some of the manuals for these games are sorely lacking.

Now I have four days to figure out if you can play Pokemon 1v1 locally, before it is due back at the rental store.

kapeman said:
Now I have four days to figure out if you can play Pokemon 1v1 locally, before it is due back at the rental store.
No offense but how hard can it be to find the versus button?

kapeman said:
That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

THANK YOU!

Some of the manuals for these games are sorely lacking.

On DS or Wii? Because on the DS (Pearl/Diamond) you just go to the top floor and enter that room.

unska said:
No offense but how hard can it be to find the versus button?

Well the description for the Versus mode is not very intuitive and you don't see anything about two player until several screens in.

Here is the one instance in the manual of the term versus:

"Domination"
In this mode, game rules and the number of participants can be freely
selected, making it ideal for versus or cooperative play. Select a Captain,
Sidekicks, and Stadium and then head out onto the field."

That's it. No mention of the screens that follow or how to set it up.
It's all trial and error. Not what I would call good documentation.

One thing I have found more than a little frustrating is the very poor documentation on some of the Wii games that I have seen with respect to multi-player not using the WiFi connection.

An example of a really good manual is Zelda.

Also the in-game control info, etc for Metroid Prime 3 is excellent. I haven't needed to check the manual once for that game.

Last edited:
Back