Stupid Valve....

Lomax

Wii master & Xbox Slayer
Feb 22, 2007
anyone play the orange box? I got it today,(The Pc Version, I am posting here because there is no pc category in forums) and it won't freakin install. Of course, Valve convieniently forgot to put a phone number on the manual where i can get customer support. Is it because I am trying to install it on a windows 98, or what? If u can help, for the love of emoticons, POST IN THIS THREAD!

Valve's company number: 425-889-9642

And what happens when you try to install it? Does a window pop up giving you an error or something, or is the disc not being read by the computer?

Hey... I have a Vista Laptop, but the disk drive is broken.

Trust me Valve is not stupid. They're one of the best companies out their. There are downsides to gaming on PC and getting games to be compatable is one of them. But change are if you are trying to install it on win 98, its because that computer sucks. Its waaaay too told.

Wait, are you saying you have a Vista compatible laptop that's running Windows 98?

If so, then The Orange Box won't work on it, these are the only compatible OS systems that it will work with:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista

But if your laptop has Vista running on it, then it should install without a problem.

I think he means, he has a Vista Laptop but the disc drive is broken so he tried to install it on his old Windows 98.

Also unless you have a really good laptop its not going to run on that either regardless if the disc drive is working. My Laptop is brand new and it still runs old games like Day of Defeat (By Valve) with some choppyness. Laptops are just not good and usually you really need high end PC's to run most games. Unless of course your laptop was really expensive like $2000. Mine is just a normal laptop I use for internet and download/burning DVDs.

Back