SUCCESS or FAILURE for sony?

Daveo

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
Essex
i know that the PS3 wont do so well in the UK as it is too expensive, but ive been hearing stories that in USA, the PS3 is doing the best business ever, but ive also heard stories that it actually isnt doing so well. but aparently, it is also happening to the psp.
i dont hate sony or anything, i have a psp and a PS2, but i also have a N64, GC and WII which i still prefer a lot more.
i got the stories off a friend bias to sony which he claims to know the news and another friend who also claims to of read the news.
if sony arent getting any decent business, they probably would end up being corrupted.

may be a few grammar mistakes as i am using wii internet predictive writing

Last edited:
No, it's not doing too good.
I walked into Bestbuy and they had some in there... just sitting there.

Absolutely no one has Wiis of course.

if the PS3 isnt doing so well, wouldnt it ruin sony's gaming business because apparently, sony used up their money on the PS3?

Yeah, the PS3 hasn't been doing too hot. I just find it hilarious that they are just sitting on the counters. xD You still have to camp out for wii consoles.

Sony fails.
When asked about it. Dr. Katz said :
4gydmkl.gif

Everywhere I go, the sales clerk says that Wiis are sold out. Both large and small retailer don't seem to have any in stock. There were 60GB PS3s in one of the game stores that I checked. Maybe it means that they got a new shipment or they are not selling that well. I heard one guy ask for a PS3 and the clerk said "599 plus tax= 650". I cringed when I overheard those numbers. Ken Kutaragi says that people are going to work extra hard and save to get a PS3 but that's the same thing you have to do to get a Mercedes CL600 AMG. That exclusivity will factor into the PS3 taking a hit.

but is it even worth it? i no that the graphics r better and stuff, but it doesnt hav any new suprising things like the wii having the wii remote sensor.
Is it really worth half a thousand?

I supported Sony in the fifth and sixth generations, but I saw what they were doing with the PS3and bounced. Most systems are better in certain aspects, like when the SNES had better graphics but the Genesis had games where you killed stuff, or the PS2 having better games than Xbox but not being as powerful. With the PS3, they just loaded it up with everything you could think of so they could say it was the best. They got nervous, made it as sweet and expensive as possible and then tried to pass it off as the elitist system. Now maybe they can say that, but no one is going to save for it when they could get a Wii and a 360 for the same price.

So anyway, its not doing as well as they expected, they are just sitting on the shelf and the one guy I know who has one is disappointed in it.

Ps3 could ultimately shut down Sony's gaming division. Im scepticle of them even making it to the next generation.

FAILURE, and there are tons of topics on PS3 and i have explained it isnt a good deal, the wii is the best bang for your buck! and dont dare say ps3 is under rated, its way over rated!

Sony have made some terrible decisions recently, but I'm a bit sceptical about these predictions of doom for the company. My guess is that in a few years the PS3 will be a success, but not as much a success as the PS1 and PS2 were.

Napalmbrain said:
Sony have made some terrible decisions recently, but I'm a bit sceptical about these predictions of doom for the company. My guess is that in a few years the PS3 will be a success, but not as much a success as the PS1 and PS2 were.
they better drop the price, and FAST! im not talkin about 500$, make it at least 400$ (expensive, but afordable) and make one w/o a HD for 300$, (which means they will have to make ps3 memorycards)

the ps3 is the most bang for your buck, value wise, other than that really its your opinion, why do you guys create this anti-ps3 fanboy threads all the time? and im pretty sure no HD is not an option, since devs probably use cache or whatever off of the HD to help run the games faster and smoother (big mistake 360 made with having a model with no hd, thus making that option not an option)

and i would not want to see what else you say, since you are obviously bias towards nintendo........................

god damn ABC whyd you have to get banned

Last edited:
Back