Suggestions for a #2 console

Jesse

Protector of Hyrule
May 15, 2006
Sacred Realm
Wii Online Code
7219-3868-1848-6260
I'm sure there are many people here who own multiple next-gen consoles if not all 3. In the past I went Gamecube and then PS2(used).

As both 360 and PS3 have some interesting games. Just to name a few the 360 has Gears of War and up coming Halo 3, While the PS3 has Genji(just a game that caught my attention) and up coming Final Fantasy 13.

The Wii is my main choice for console. But!

Which console would you get to compliment your Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3? and what games would you get to go with the console?

Last edited:
when i get my wii i wouldnt mind a 360(for Gears of War and Halo 3) also a few other games..... the ps3 dosnt intressed me apart from a cheap blueray player

Yeah at first I was really leaning toward the PS3. Now I find myself looking at the 360 more and more.

It depends on what type of games you like to play.

As it has been said before on this forum, the 360 is pretty much known for it's FPS games. If you like FPS's, I would go with a 360.

Also as far as hardware is concerned, HD-DVD vs. Blueray. Well in all honesty, both of these technologies do the exact same thing. They play DVD's in high definition. My thoughts initially that Blueray will be more of a fad than anything else with HD-DVD edging out in the race for the HD market of DVD's. Really this has everything to do with simply the naming of the technology. People are comfortable with the term DVD. The HD market has grown immensly over the recent past so the term High Definition is now in most people's vocabulary. For this reason alone, putting the two together simply makes sense that it would succeed. HD-DVD. To the average consumer there is no thought process involved in this really. It would simply be the next step in the evolution of home entertainment. (VCR > DVD > HD-DVD)

The term "Blueray" raises all kinds of unknown questions. Like, wtf is it? Will it play on my TV? Is it a marine animal? You would be suprised to hear the questions people come up with, and these will be the type of people that represent the majority of the market, as the technology progresses and becomes cheaper.

Something as small as this, I think will be the deciding factor.

But who knows

Last edited:
Master Wii said:

As it has been said before on this forum, the 360 is pretty much known for it's FPS games. If you like FPS's, I would go with a 360.

Yes, I do have an interest in FPS, but does 360 offer any quality games in other genre. Such as RPG or Adventure. I heard Fable on the 360 name bounce around a bit. PS3 on the other has some titles to come like Asassin's Creed, Grand Thief Auto 4(I think its available on the 360 as well), Elder's Scroll IV, and Metal Gear Solid 4. Both systems have some great games to come.

Master Wii said:

Also as far as hardware is concerned, HD-DVD vs. Blueray. Well in all honesty, both of these technologies do the exact same thing. They play DVD's in high definition. My thoughts initially that Blueray will be more of a fad than anything else with HD-DVD edging out in the race for the HD market of DVD's. Really this has everything to do with simply the naming of the technology. People are comfortable with the term DVD. The HD market has grown immensly over the recent past so the term High Definition is now in most people's vocabulary. For this reason alone, putting the two together simply makes sense that it would succeed. HD-DVD. To the average consumer there is no thought process involved in this really. It would simply be the next step in the evolution of home entertainment. (VCR > DVD > HD-DVD)

The term "Blueray" raises all kinds of unknown questions. Like, wtf is it? Will it play on my TV? Is it a marine animal? You would be suprised to hear the questions people come up with, and these will be the type of people that represent the majority of the market, as the technology progresses and becomes cheaper.

Something as small as this, I think will be the deciding factor.

But who knows

I agree with you, when I first heard about the HD-DVD, I knew it was going to be a DVD but with better deffinition. Blu-ray is something just too complicated, as you said, people won't know what is it, and I didn't know what it was 'til I heard about the HD-DVD.

And I had to decide, I would go for the 360. The PS3 is good, but the online capabilities of the 360 would make me buy it.

Just with the 360+Online+Halo 3 or Gears of War = the best online you could have.

Arcadium said:
I agree with you, when I first heard about the HD-DVD, I knew it was going to be a DVD but with better deffinition. Blu-ray is something just too complicated, as you said, people won't know what is it, and I didn't know what it was 'til I heard about the HD-DVD.

And I had to decide, I would go for the 360. The PS3 is good, but the online capabilities of the 360 would make me buy it.

Just with the 360+Online+Halo 3 or Gears of War = the best online you could have.

I would admit that the 360 online library is massive. I looked at the 360 games at a local Gamestop and saw about 60-70% of there games online. It could have been more. There's nothing better then taking your games online.

jpopkitty said:
i would get ps3 for FF and other rpgs also that other people in my house hold want it

Final Fantasy?

Besides the Final Fantasy series of games, there really hasn't been any set game that have ever made me want to go out and buy a Playstation 1 / 2 and now even 3.

I had owned every console made up until Playstation release, and just didn't care for the library of games they had to offer.

I have an XBOX 360 and I tell you what, if you like FPS games and online game play, the 360 is the way to go hands down. I admit the new FF series is looking to be really good, but do you really want to spend 600$+ on a system, just to play 1 line of games? I don't. I would venture to say you'll have more fun with a 360.

i would be leaning toward the PS3. People are complaining that the xbox360 graphics are better or = to PS3 but im not sure. 360 has been out a year and PS3 just came out now so i expect better graphics later on. I also expect to get it as ALOT of my friends are getting one and we usually trade games and have lan wars.

Avais100 said:
i would be leaning toward the PS3. People are complaining that the xbox360 graphics are better or = to PS3 but im not sure. 360 has been out a year and PS3 just came out now so i expect better graphics later on. I also expect to get it as ALOT of my friends are getting one and we usually trade games and have lan wars.

Expect online to be better than graphics, If I owned a second console, I would go 360.

i think you should wait before you choose your next console. see, ps3 may impress in the future. price prolly wont drop much, but who knows - the ps3 could really stand out. imo, the xbox owns the ps3 as of now, but just need to wait it out. play the wii for a few months, then decide ;)

Avais100 said:

The graphics are nearly the same as their internal workings are very similar. The PS3 edges out the 360 just barely, but not enough to make a difference that's noticible.

Don't expect the price to drop on the PS3 at all. If it happens i'll be suprised. Sony is already losing alot of money per unit, selling it at a 600$ price point.

Save yourself 300$ buy a 360 off eBay and have a ton-of-fun. :thumbsup:

Back