Sup everyone!

ws6lvr

WiiChat Member
Nov 3, 2009
VA
Thinking about buying a wii....
What do I need to get it connected to the internet? I have Comcast cable high speed internet with a cable modem. sorry Im new to the wii world...just trying to find out what all I need to buy! :lovewii:

Welcome to the forums.I cant help cause my bro did all the conection things for the wii.

Welcome to the forums.

To get connected, you just need a wireless router. The Wii has built in Wi-Fi, so it can detect the router; from there on, you just connect to it, and you're set!

I have a wireless router but its not hooked up. I have only one computer....does that matter?

Welcome to the forums!
No, it doesn't matter, just connect your router to modem. If you want to set security, get your router's IP address & enter it into web browser & change the settings.

does it cost to hook to the wii to your internet?

Thanks for all your help! Sorry I'm kinda a newbie at this whole thing. Wii is on order through walmart going to see if I can get the wireless router hooked up to the computer tomorrow so I can have that done and waiting for the wii.

No problem, thats why we're here.
When you do get your Wii buy a game called "Muramasa: The Demon Blade" &/or "Dead Space: Extraction"

Thanks everyone for all your help! Wii is hooked up and on the net =)

oh if u want to get the internet channel on your wii,(not hook it up its just something u can go to the internet with or your wii) just go to the "wii shop channel" and then "wii ware" then click download... its free now so youre lucky ^_^
sorry if it didnt make sence.. ull figure it out once u get it

oh if u want to get the internet channel on your wii,(not hook it up its just something u can go to the internet with or your wii) just go to the "wii shop channel" and then "wii ware" then click download... its free now so youre lucky ^_^

Its telling me that the Wii internet channel is 500 wii points.

Its telling me that the Wii internet channel is 500 wii points.

really? i got a message from nintendo like a week ago saying that it is free now... try updating your wii first, if u already did, then add me on your wii and ill gift it to you

Back