Super Mario Bros 2

freakpizzaboy

Aliens Exist
Feb 8, 2007
Massachusetts
any one remember that? i dunno if it was called that or not, but i remember lots of picking up plants, u could play as peach, or toad, or luigi or mario i think

and i dont think a lot of people liked it although i think i remember enjoying it...

thoughts? :tard:

freakpizzaboy said:
any one remember that? i dunno if it was called that or not, but i remember lots of picking up plants, u could play as peach, or toad, or luigi or mario i think

and i dont think a lot of people liked it although i think i remember enjoying it...

thoughts? :tard:

I really enjoyed that game, even tho others didnt, i thought it was the best mario game so far (back when it was new).

I've spent many hours on the VNES site playing that game. This'll probably sound like heresy to many people, but I actually like it more than SMB 1 and 3.

I used to play it. Look it up on Wikipedia, very interesting information. It was really another game, but they just added mario characters to it and called it Mario 2

dsigns said:
I used to play it. Look it up on Wikipedia, very interesting information. It was really another game, but they just added mario characters to it and called it Mario 2

i heard that too

man, when its chomp gonna get his own game

(sorry if i dont know his name, the black dog thing that annoys the crap out of you in just about every game he's in)

Twas a good game.
Specially the American version.
The actually Super Mario Bros 2 is next to impossible.
It was released as the lost levels on Super Mario Allstars for the SNES.
and was really hard.

was it as good as playing the original super mario brothers as kenny from south park?

doubt it....

anyways im hoping to see a VC appearence of super mario 2

and for that matter,

WHERE THREE BEE?

SMB2 in the US was copied from Doki Doki Panic, a Japaniese game, with added mario charicters. The real SMB2 was too hard for american gamers back then.

Also SMB2 can be played on Super Mario Advance on GBA.

I loved it back then and I loved it surprisingly just as much as I did before when I got it for the GBA. It's surprising how Mario games can be so good after all these years.

I actually liked it more than Super Mario World and lost levels, but not quite as much as Super Mario Bros. 3 though. I think it got a bad rep for not being the typical Mario platforming game and not being originally a Mario game.

People were just mad they got something that originally never was a Mario game instead of the real Super Mario 2 which is understandable, but they forgot to realise we still got a much improved version of a good game.

If I were back in the 80's I'd gladly take our Super Mario Bros. 2 over the lost levels.

Last edited:
Back