Super Mario Galaxy Becomes Ninth Wii Game to Sell Over Five Million Copies

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-picture9758-super-mario-galaxy.JPG

Nintendo announced today the achievement of another massive milestone for the company, with the news that Super Mario Galaxy has just become the ninth Wii game to sell more than five million copies in the US, according to figures from the NPD Group, which keeps account of video game sales in the US. This means that the Wii, which reached its own milestone of 39 million units sold this February just gone, now has almost twice as many five-million sellers as all of the competing current-generation console rivals combined.

"Wii continues its record-breaking run by surpassing 39 million units in its 64th month, a pace that is unmatched by any other system in U.S. history," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "Titles like Super Mario Galaxy help explain why Wii continues to resonate with consumers. The fact that one of the best-reviewed games of all time is available for a suggested retail price of $19.99 speaks to Nintendo's combination of quality, family fun and value that is unmatched in our industry."

Source: Nintendo

I admit Galaxy 1 was beyond awesome but Galaxy 2..was "eh" Either way a for the win for all Ninty fans all around the world!

EDIT: out of galaxy, 64, and sunshine....SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE is king!!!

Hot damn... Ninty designed a game worth more than it's weight in gold, and once again, the sales confirm it. Didn't even realize SMG 1 was still selling new.

I admit Galaxy 1 was beyond awesome but Galaxy 2..was "eh"

Second.jpg

Though, I'd say SMG 2 was worth more than an "eh". :lol:

64 > Galaxy > Sunshine.

Though I certainly do love sunshine. It really doesn't deserve the poor (for Mario standards) opinion a lot of people associate with it.

Back