Super Mario Galaxy - Expectaions

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
So, what do you expect to see from Super Mario Galaxy? I'm expecting good things, because it's Nintendo. The game better be long though, I don't want a game which will take a couple hours to beat. Then it's not worth the money. :zzz: I'm very exited about guiding Mario through the universe and the different levels of gravity on planets. One other thing: toads better not pop up every ten minutes. :cryin:

I think theres every chance it will be the must have wii game, the kind of game which the console was designed for. if i could have any game right now (in it's finished form) it would be SM:Galaxy, so yeah my expectaions are high :arf:

I expect it to be the single best game I've ever played since Super Mario Bros. 3, my favorite game of all time.

Nintendo, make me proud!

For the specifics of what I want:

-50 hours plus
-some humor kind of like paper mario's
-tributes to older mario games
-new human mario character
-new enemies
-new items
-ice and fire worlds, looks like we got the fire world down
-amazing graphics and art design, from what I've seen this has been fufilled
-fun, but not gimmicky wii controls
-awesome new music and remixes to older mario games
-Reviving old characters such as the Koopa Kids, dammit!

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
nothing related just wanted to say: great thread idea :thumbsup:

Thankyou. I'm sure everybody would like to hear your opinions too.:yesnod:

FR. said:
Thankyou. I'm sure everybody would like to hear your opinions too.:yesnod:
HMm, okay
-long game
-very hard
-open worlds
-new enemies
-fireballs! (you know the ones you can throw, it would be cool to aim with the wiimote then press a button to throw them during regular gameplay since theres already a star marker from the early Builds)

Im hoping this game will be better than Super Mario 64 obviously you arent going to be going into pictures that become worlds, but i hope its basically the same concept...just in space! and maybe not 3 bowser fights...1 final one would be nice...see thats the problem, idk how there gonna make the game long like SM64 i mean in SM64 there were a bunch of different paintings. Maybe in Galaxy, there are gonna be like planets as levels...OH MAN I CANT WAIT!

I have heard (and it might be confirmed) that SMG featuers Co-Op. That alone will be amazing.

I'm really not worried about this game being a disappointment. From what I've seen it's amazing.

I'm looking forward to the Mario FPS mode, where Mario dual wields flamethrowers and takes care of that pesky Bowser once and for all...

No but seriously my expectations are simple. I am already totally sure that the game is going to be extremely fun, so now the only thing I expect is stunning graphics and I'll be all set.

You can't expect this game to be a disappointment. They've put too much time into it. And as far as visuals go, there are a ton of vids you can see that show you pretty much how they'll be, and as far as the Wii goes, I'm pretty impressed.

Sovieto said:
-fireballs! (you know the ones you can throw, it would be cool to aim with the wiimote then press a button to throw them during regular gameplay since theres already a star marker from the early Builds)

nice idea! i hadnt realized there wasn't fireballs on 64 or sunshine. i also want to see more levels, amazing use of the wiimote, and giant planets, not just the small ones we saw at e3.

I don't have any. After all if you have no expectations you can't be disappointed. Well I have one but that is just for it to be fun.

i agree with the statements above, however im hoping for lots of stuff to find/unlock (like most mario games lol)

It want a learning curv, Starts off pee easy but by then end you will be struggling! Also i want a amazing draw distance. so you could see 2 or all levels that are ahed. You could use this to get ready for bosses etc. When you complete the game you should be able to look at a picture of the galaxy and choose what island you want.

On another note, mario is playing on planets not stars. This would make it mario solar system (just a really big one). Does that mean after we complete afew planets it goes to another solar system? That would be goood

Back